We have a date!

Aunt Agatha

Yes AA it is good to know that there are others out there going through the same roller coaster ride!! Garage sale went pretty well this weekend - some people bought lots, some not so much. Still have a few items to go that I advertised online and will be picked up this week (hopefully!). I'm having a new oven, hob and hood put in this week to smarten up the kitchen. Soooo many things to do and really busy this time of year at work (I'm a high school teacher).

You must be rushed off your feet! Glad the garage sale went well. I sold a couple of things via our community Facebook group this weekend so I'm pleased about that. When will you put your house on the market?

Told my parents about our Feb return date tonight - they were pretty excited!

My family are very excited too! Yes, very, very busy. You do wonder why you have kept so much 'stuff' for so many years. It has been quite therapeutic to declutter on such a grand scale and realise how little you actually need. Not 100% sure when to put the house on the market...always tricky that time of year as people like to stay put for Christmas and move in January ready for the new school year. Fingers crossed it sells quickly!

I'm enjoying the decluttering too - most cathartic! Good luck with the house sale, the timing of everything is hard. We are ponndering what to do re the cats as we want to stopover in Hong Kong en route to the UK. Send them back on the same day as us and have my parents collect them and then we arrive say four days later or put them in a cattery here for a few days so that they arrive on the same day as us?

I'm not sure, will have to check. The pet transport company includes one day free boarding for the cats before their flight so I might be able to pay a bit extra and let them board there for an extra day or two - that way all the paperwork would have been completed.

Yes we love the North! I am from Yorkshire but lived in Cheshire for about 10 years before moving to Oz. We have a house there and it makes sense for us to move back into it while we look for jobs. I'm looking forward to the move now, it will soon come round. We should have a northern meet up when we all get back!

YEs we moved back to Derbyshire at the end of April and we are all enjoying being back. My 15 year old has really settled here made heaps of friends and enjoying his school. Myself and oh both picked up jobs quickly. After a great summer it's now turning colder but it doesn't stop you going out. Really enjoying the countryside

That's great to hear Julinoz! It's especially nice to hear when kids settle in easily.

ETA My Mam rang last night to ask if the kids have winter coats for our arrival in the UK as she'd see some nice ones and wanted to buy them. I realised that we don't own a single coat between us - things are about to get very different! LOL.

That's great to hear Julinoz! It's especially nice to hear when kids settle in easily.

ETA My Mam rang last night to ask if the kids have winter coats for our arrival in the UK as she'd see some nice ones and wanted to buy them. I realised that we don't own a single coat between us - things are about to get very different! LOL.

Oh AA you have probably forgot just how lovely it is to wear a nicely designed coat after years of not needing one. I miss coats - Is that silly? I know it will be chilly but don't be in too much of a rush - there is so much choice in the UK stores!!

Archived