Paying for 309 visa - 'bank cheque' - cost

Soffy999

Getting ready to mail my 309 application to Australia House in London.

It looks like I can either pay by credit card, and have to pay the surcharge plus possible foreign exchange fees, or a "bank cheque". Does "bank cheque" mean a banker's draft?

I've checked with my bank (Lloyds) and they say they will charge me £20 for producing the cheque. Which might be ok in preference to unknown exchange fees, credit card surcharges, etc.

Am I correct that a bank cheque means a banker's draft, and do most people use this method as the most economical?

(We also have the options of (a) using an aussie credit card, i.e. my husband's in Oz, or (b) an aussie friend's current account and using his aussie debit card from that and transferring him the money, or © using UK credit cards of any type)

Lastly - if I'm ordering the UK banker's draft, how much is it for in GBP? In aussie dollars I'm due to pay $3085.

thanks very much!

We used our Aussie credit card as no additional charge for that at all. Mind you they now charge a fee for cards don't they. Would a cheque drawn from Aussie bank work, mind they will no doubt charge for that but at least no currency conversion worries.

Dont think you can use a standard cheque book cheque as they can bounce.

Archived