State Regional Sponsorship - South Australia

cherries002

Hi all,

I have finally passed my IELTS, ANMAC are looking to lodge my skills assessment anyday and my next step is to apply for regional state sponsorship as I need the extra points.

My trouble is that I only have 13 months full time post qualifying as a registered adult nurse, as I am 44 I only have until I am 45 (Feb 2015) in which to apply before I lose more points.

Has anybody sent an application is with not the full post qualifying experience and have been granted sponsorship? I have emailed Immigration SA directly and await their reply.

Im crossing everything that this is not going to bring a holt to it all

Thanks in advance :)

:wink:

Hi Cherries

This is the problem that I had, same age, similar experience. With most states requiring two years experience I've had to change my plans and after EOI to regional nsw have been invited to apply. Will have to live/work in mid north coast which luckily is a beautiful area with great opportunities. Starting to get nervous/excited now.

Hi Cherries

This is the problem that I had, same age, similar experience. With most states requiring two years experience I've had to change my plans and after EOI to regional nsw have been invited to apply. Will have to live/work in mid north coast which luckily is a beautiful area with great opportunities. Starting to get nervous/excited now.

So how much experience did you have ???

So how much experience did you have ???

I qualified the same time as you and have only been in my position for 10 months to date. I was all researched up to going to SA but because of this criteria it was no longer an option for me. I was really disappointed so just had to change my plans.

NSW do not require you to have 2 years experience post qualifying but there are only about 6 regional areas that are taking 489 SRS. The only coastal area is the mid north coast which luckily is a beautiful area and also affordable. I put in an EOI 1st of Sept and two weeks later received notification that they would be pleased to accept an invitation from me. Yeah!!!!! I'm now finalising my commitment statements and hope to have application in early next week (via my emigration agent). EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!

The only other state sponsoring, without the two years experience criteria, is Northern Territory.

You sound just like the plans I had been making, we were all set for applying to SA and then 2 nights ago I rechecked and they have changed their criteria! We are looking at Coffs Harbour now, how about you. What kind of nursing are you doing? Do you have family to go with you ??