Anyone getting Citizenship

darkstone1975

As the subject goes, is anyone currently getting citizenship? just rang them up today as I just had my appointment and Australia test and passed a week ago and there saying it could be at least 3 months before I get a letter approving next step.

Is anyone experiencing that kind of time frame at the moment, as I'm trying to determine when to apply for wife's ancestry visa back to uk and is kinda dependent on it happening before next march as that when the elder daughter turns 18.

To say I'm getting concerned is an understatement.

Hi DS1975,

I completed my test 3 weeks ago, I received my citizenship confirmation letter last Thursday so only had to wait 2 a bit weeks :smile: It's the ceremony date that takes the time, I heard it could be anything upto 6 months depending on where you live

good news is that they say 3 months so anything before that seems like a bonus.... you never know.. ya could get lucky

As the subject goes, is anyone currently getting citizenship? just rang them up today as I just had my appointment and Australia test and passed a week ago and there saying it could be at least 3 months before I get a letter approving next step.

Is anyone experiencing that kind of time frame at the moment, as I'm trying to determine when to apply for wife's ancestry visa back to uk and is kinda dependent on it happening before next march as that when the elder daughter turns 18.

To say I'm getting concerned is an understatement.

Hi - we're eligible in August 2015. Do you need to wait until you are eligible to make the application, or can things be done ahead of time such as taking the test?

You have to wait until you meet the residency requirements before you apply to take the test

Archived