Help! on my partner visa application and bridging visa type B

abbeyjromeo

Hey everyone, i've read through lots of posts and need to get something clear,

I've just applied for my partner visa (in Australia already) and I got an email back saying my bridging visa a is granted. I haven't been assigned any C.O probably because I only applied a few days ago. I've gone onto my immi account and I am now attaching all forms it is asking me for i.e police check, medical examination, proof of relationship. proof of nature of couples household and proof of couples mutual commitment.

Ok firstly I've been reading not to do police and medical checks until they ask... well to me that is asking so I've attached police check and am doing medical check next week. I don't understand why people are saying wait until a few months in or something!?

Secondly we got married a few months ago but didn't have the money to do a proper ceremony so we want to go to Fiji next year so I will need to apply for a bridging visa B but I've read that they only let you know 2 weeks before travel which obviously isn't good enough after me arranging a wedding and spending all of that money? Any ideas?

Last but not least, what do you attach as proof of nature of couples household and proof of couples commitment? There's only so many photos, holiday documents and stat decs you can attach? I moved into my husbands house and its his house and he pays all the bills as im on a student visa at the moment and cant pay for much so really other than proof of address I cant really attach much else?

Any suggestions and help I would truly appreciate!

Thanks guys

Police checks and medicals are valid for 12 months. Processing time onshore is longer than this, so you can do the medical and police check now but you will more than likely have to have another set of them done because they will expire before the grant of your visa.

They won't grant you a BVB outside a few weeks of your departure, there is no way around this unfortunately - the reason they do it is in case your visa is granted beforehand. But it's not an issue, you pay and apply and it will be granted. They have relaxed on the reasons needed to apply for a BVB because of lengthy processing times and if your reason is for your wedding you won't have an issues what so ever getting one. My partner applied for one 10 days before he was due to go overseas, we got a call the following day to say they were going to grant the partner visa so we didn't have to get the BVB in the end. But we had asked for 6 months and our only reason was to visit family for christmas and a holiday to Iceland.

Nature of household and nature of commitment - there are LOADS of threads on this site with examples of what people have submitted (just use the search bar). Think wills, superannuation beneficiary, your name on car insurance, joint health insurance or ambulance cover (cheap as chips) etc etc...I don't see why you can't be on bills being on a student visa? We had no issues and my partner was on a 1 year WHV. Photos hold little weight, so does proof of travel together. You need to show you share a household together as though you were married.

Are you sure that you are on a bridging visa. Just because a bridging visa was granted on lodgement, it does not mean that the bridging visa is active.

If you are on a student visa and it has not expired, then you are still on a student via, not a bridging visa.

Yes my student visa runs out in December and then my bridging visa will be active.

Police checks and medicals are valid for 12 months. Processing time onshore is longer than this, so you can do the medical and police check now but you will more than likely have to have another set of them done because they will expire before the grant of your visa.

They won't grant you a BVB outside a few weeks of your departure, there is no way around this unfortunately - the reason they do it is in case your visa is granted beforehand. But it's not an issue, you pay and apply and it will be granted. They have relaxed on the reasons needed to apply for a BVB because of lengthy processing times and if your reason is for your wedding you won't have an issues what so ever getting one. My partner applied for one 10 days before he was due to go overseas, we got a call the following day to say they were going to grant the partner visa so we didn't have to get the BVB in the end. But we had asked for 6 months and our only reason was to visit family for christmas and a holiday to Iceland.

Nature of household and nature of commitment - there are LOADS of threads on this site with examples of what people have submitted (just use the search bar). Think wills, superannuation beneficiary, your name on car insurance, joint health insurance or ambulance cover (cheap as chips) etc etc...I don't see why you can't be on bills being on a student visa? We had no issues and my partner was on a 1 year WHV. Photos hold little weight, so does proof of travel together. You need to show you share a household together as though you were married.

I haven't got any of them things to proof that? If I go on my partners car insurance now and get my name on the bills etc would that still count or would it look suspicious because I have just done it now? all I've really got is post sent to the same address and email from when we first met :(

I haven't got any of them things to proof that? If I go on my partners car insurance now and get my name on the bills etc would that still count or would it look suspicious because I have just done it now? all I've really got is post sent to the same address and email from when we first met :(

All your evidence has to pre date your application date so if you have already applied it won't help.

do you have any proof of joint finances? Joint bank account? Any joint memberships at all? Have a think and search the forum for posts like I suggested. You might find that you have more evidence than you realise.

Archived