help needed for subclass 489

arq

Hi everyone,

I have just lodged my 489 family stream visa and attached necessary documents with the exception of health, character, form 80 and statutory sponsor declaration. Should I wait for the CO to notify me to submit these documents?

• 3 weeks later...

Tell me how the process works as I had a look at the Immi site. Did you create an account with Immi? I see it says that 'once you have submitted an application, you cannot add documents to your application?' So will Immi accept your application without those documents you have not submitted yet? I imagine that they must accept it otherwise you would not have submitted it? So, perhaps wait for the CO to contact you?

Hi Arq,

Documents can only be attached to applications with a status of "In Progress".

You are advised to wait until your application is allocated to a case officer, who will ask you to provide any missing documents.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

I have attached all the documents with the exception of police clearance and medical. Waiting for the CO allocation, any idea how much time it takes for visa grant for 489 family stream?

Hi Arq,

Documents can only be attached to applications with a status of "In Progress".

You are advised to wait until your application is allocated to a case officer, who will ask you to provide any missing documents.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ben.

Hi Maryrose,

The process is quite simple. In my case, I waited for an invite on skill select. After receiving the invitation, the skill select account directs you to ImmiAccount page where you make your account. You have to fill in the online form and pay your visa fee. Once that fee has been paid, your immiAccount asks you to attach documents with your application.

Archived