North Ryde, Sydney

Guest Lion

Hi

I have been offered a job in North Ryde.I am looking for a decent area to raise my family Wife and 3 boys 17, 9 & 8. Neither my wife or I can drive yet and not sure we want to have the expense ( rather use the money on good holidays !! )

Based on the fact I will be working in North Ryde can anyone suggest any decent areas with good transport links.We can afford around $500 a week in rent and need at least 3 bedrooms ideally a house.I have been looking on the web but you can't beat people's experience of living there.

Lion

Guest Patrice

Hi Lion,

i am from Sydney, and North ryde is ideal for a work location (in my opinion) especially with a family.

any surrounding areas are good family areas, try looking in castleHill, Baulkham Hills, even Rouse hill... all good family areas and easy access to north Ryde by bus. Rent may be a bit more expensive in those areas, but you will get a lovely house for your money.

thanks Patrice

What are the areas around Pennant hills like.We have sween a lovely house on the web in west pennant hills but it seems a bit far away transport wise

Guest Patrice

Yeah pennant Hills is also a lovely area! It would be closer aswell than the other places i suggested!

I think everything is far in Australia compared to over here (London Anyway0!

I am currently living in London, and its going to be a shock when i go home! Everything is so easy here with public transport, unfortunelty its not so good at home (in my opinion anyway!)

You have a train station in Pennant Hills and Epping which will hekp, but i think the busses are ok aswell.

I think you are brave not getting a car, especially having kids.... I could not survive living in Aus without a car i dont think, but thats my opinion, and what im used to i guess!

if i were to get a car what could I expect to spend to keep it running based on living in Pennant hills and working in North ryde. What sort of distance is it to travel

Guest Patrice

You are looking at a 15 minute drive (maybe a bit more in peak hour traffic!

If you go to a website call:

whereis.com

and click get directions, you can get directions from anywhere in Australia. This may help you with choosing a location.

here is the link i went to:

whereis.com - Unsupported browser

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suenadam

We are living in Ryde have been here for 6 weeks. It is a very nice area our rent is $650 for a 4 bedroom duplex(semi dettached No pool). I work in Chatswood which subject to traffic can be anything betweeh 15 - 45mins. I would say you would need a car, the train service is good but the buses are on roads which are very busy in peak times.

Archived