PR - Working overseas

shawais

Hi,

I am here in Australia since one year and without any luck with job hunt. I got an offer from Dubai, I want to join that if my someone can suggest me what will happen to my PR status if I stay there for around 2 years and can I still process for citizenship if in case I work overseas?

Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions

Best regards,

Your progression towards citizenship ceases if you are no longer in the country. You need to spend 3 out of the past 4 years in Australia when you apply for citizenship (no more than 90 days outside the country in the last year). Being away for 2 years means your clock effectively has to start again.

Your progression towards citizenship ceases if you are no longer in the country. You need to spend 3 out of the past 4 years in Australia when you apply for citizenship (no more than 90 days outside the country in the last year). Being away for 2 years means your clock effectively has to start again.

Thanks for your reply. How much maximum period one can stay out of country without impacting citizenship clock ?

Hi,

I am here in Australia since one year and without any luck with job hunt. I got an offer from Dubai, I want to join that if my someone can suggest me what will happen to my PR status if I stay there for around 2 years and can I still process for citizenship if in case I work overseas?

Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions

Best regards,

Most importantly if you stay for more than 5 years your PR will be cancelled. So please be careful.

Archived