Just got the ball rolling!!! :-)

Nadz128

Hello everyone at pomsinoz!!...

today had been a productive day, where I spoke to a Migrates Agent about a visa 189 for me and my family, I have just started the process..signed the terms and conditions, and have just been getting all my first documents together this evening, passport I.D photo, birth cert, 6 years of P60's, contract of employment, and qualification certificates!!! I have also just applied, sent away my passport I.D photo and paid £140 for my IELTS test that's book for the 18th of October!!! happy days!!!....over the moon that I have finally made this decision to commit and do this :-)

8-10 months is a little ambitious, prepare for a year if everything runs smoothly and always expect some frustrating times waiting with little seeming to happen.

Tip from me, ensure you have your university degree documents including your course syllabus as this can take some time, ensure you have your current employers agreement to what you are doing as they will be asked to provide a reference and vouch for what your daily job involves. Finally ensure you have deep pockets as the whole exercise may end up costing circa £10k ie number of dependants, whether you are wanting to validate etc.

Best of luck with everything and make sure you know exactly where you want to be based as we ended up moving flights etc due to work options.

Today we are at the opposite end if the process, our last day in UK with one way flights booked for tomorrow.

S

8-10 months is a little ambitious, prepare for a year if everything runs smoothly and always expect some frustrating times waiting with little seeming to happen.

I concur. I've been at it for 12 months now. For me it has been the IELTS, if I never have to resit that exam again it'll be too soon. All 8's is somewhat of a black art.

Finger crossed for you Nadz128, what score do you need on the IELTS?

It doesn't have to take 12 months, it's taken us 6 from the beginning to when we received the grant and I did it all myself, however it's always wise to err on the side of caution. I would not recommend waiting until you've completed the IELTS before making a start on the skill assessment (or at least gathering the documents for it) because this can hold you up. And if you don't get the IELTS scores you need first time then book it in again straight away, plus don't forget to revise!

It can be done if you're willing to keep on top of it.

I will need to score 7 in all sections of the IELTS to score 10points, but if I score 8 in all sections (wink wink) I'll get twenty lol!!!...I'm happy with 7, and yes Ive still got 6 weeks until test , so will get revising shortly!!!!... :-)

I will need to score 7 in all sections of the IELTS to score 10points, but if I score 8 in all sections (wink wink) I'll get twenty lol!!!...I'm happy with 7, and yes Ive still got 6 weeks until test , so will get revising shortly!!!!... :-)

all 7s ! You are extremely lucky as you'll be laughing all the way to Oz with that requirement. If English is your native language, you will breeze 7s. It is advisable to do a handful of tests to make sure you understand the format. I don't think you'll need it but good lucky anyway!

Sweet mate, gives me more incentive to just get it done!!!!....did you do the 189??? Skilled independent???....she's quoted me just shy of £9k, that's for myself (main applicant), my wife and our two boys!!!...I'm happy to pay that really, as it just means that I know it's in someone's hands who knows what they are doing!!!...and also allows me to get along with my work life as normal, without being distracted as such!!!!...

Yup 189.

Used an agent for the same reason. Just wanted to feel confident. In hindsight I could easily have done it myself. But to be honest I dint mind. I got it done and it all worked out in the end! :-)

Where are you looking to move?

To be honest I'm quite lucky, my sister and her husband live in cairns, and have giving me and my family the opportunity to go and live rent free with them until we get on our feet and I find a job etc!!!...she said a year/2 years, however long we want. As she wants to play the role as auntie also!!! :-)

I agree on that it doesn't take 12 months in all cases. From appointing an agent for our 190 visa in June 2013 it took 7 months for us to get our visa which we got in January of this year, and that was including an 11 week wait on state sponsorship! We moved here June this year - so only took 12 months for us to get the visa and make the move! Good Luck

Archived