Pregnant and just lodged my 2nd stage defacto! Do I need to inform immigration?

Biggers

Hey everyone,

i gave read read a few posts on here relating to pregnancy whilst on the defacto visa but I just wanted some advise. My partner and I sent off everything on the 1st august this year, the 10th is my nominated date so we have now done everything. On the 11th august (who could have guessed?) we found out we are around 8 weeks pregnant. I would like to inform immigration. Any advise on forms and who to contact etc? What's the normal protocol in this situation?

Looking forward to your responses!

amy :)

Thanks for your hasty response!

My only worry is that I will not have my PR granted by the birth (roughly April next year) dad is Ozzie citizen but I am still temp resident until they make a decision. Do you think them knowing we are pregnant speeds up the process or helps it etc?

thanks! :)

It doesn't affect the process at all. Immigration doesn't count pregnancy for anything - it's not until the baby is actually born that they take it into account, and you should have your 801 well before that. It usually takes 3-4 months from your eligibility date. Even then, it's not necessary. The 801 is just a reassessment, not a new application. The baby would just be additional evidence that your relationship is still ongoing, which presumably you've already provided anyway.

Oh, and even having a baby together doesn't speed up processing at all, much less being pregnant.