midwife AHPRA application

midwife momma

Hi Colettemg 123 so do you know how we get our 20 caseloads at all? I'm just struggling to understand how I get them

thank you

I'm not sure you will have to get the 20 caseloads. Looks like the supervised practice is instead of this I believe that it is part of Australian midwives training so this is probably why it's now being asked for. There has been no specific information on what the supervised practice will entail yet. Ahpra are due to give some answers about this soon following the twitter chat room. Keep an eye on the AHPRA website next week or if You use twitter, the chat used #ahpraqanda.

thanks chick I found that last night after you advised me too so will keep my eye on it :-)its all a waiting game now then. just worrying if we went on my husbands career to get a visa i wouldnt be able to get a job when we are over there, who is going to want to employ someone under supervised practice :-( sigh.....

thank you for the update x

thanks chick I found that last night after you advised me too so will keep my eye on it :-)its all a waiting game now then. just worrying if we went on my husbands career to get a visa i wouldnt be able to get a job when we are over there, who is going to want to employ someone under supervised practice :-( sigh.....

thank you for the update x

I think they will want to employ you! They have a massage shortage of midwives all over Australia, and any health employer knows how well us UK midwives are trained :wink: They offered me a job at Fiona Stanley In Perth back in April, knowing I was newly qualified. Stay positive x

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure that it will be too bad. Supervised practice doesn't have to be direct. We will be able to practice but will have to complete some learning objectives and considering the shortage of midwives employers will have little choice but to support international midwives. I just find it ironic that 12 months of supervised practice need to be done but this does not have to be any continuity of care experiences!! After 12 months supervision, practice will be unrestricted but you will have the notation on your registration unless you have done the 20 continuity of care. This means you can't practice within a MGP but can work anywhere else!