Moving to Oz on Parter Visa (subclass 309 / 100)

sarahp82

Hello! I'm new to this site but what a great idea... I wish I'd joined it earlier!

I applied for a Partner Visa (subclass 309 / 100) four months ago and expect it to be another four months (at least) based on the timelines that the Australian High Commission here in London have given me.

After a week of calling, I finally got through to somebody who had no more information and just told me to sit tight.

Have other people had similar experiences and should I expect it to take the full 8-9 months for the visa to be processed?

Cheers, Sarah (Hopefully soon to be a Pom in Oz)

We heard at 8 months 25 days a couple of weeks ago and quite a few other people recently have heard around the same time frame. Yet I know others who are reaching the 9 month mark and still waiting. So I have a feeling it might be closer to the 9 month mark than the 8 (unless you are one of the very lucky few who get their approval early). Good luck with the wait :)

It's 8-9 months, just a case of waiting it out. You can still be busy planning. While waiting for mine I booked our flights, sorted travel insurance, got shipping quotes, booked a MoveCube, sorted through our house contents ready to pack and ship. Got loads done.

By the time the visa was granted we were pretty much set and flew out about 6 weeks later.

Hello! I'm new to this site but what a great idea... I wish I'd joined it earlier!

I applied for a Partner Visa (subclass 309 / 100) four months ago and expect it to be another four months (at least) based on the timelines that the Australian High Commission here in London have given me.

After a week of calling, I finally got through to somebody who had no more information and just told me to sit tight.

Have other people had similar experiences and should I expect it to take the full 8-9 months for the visa to be processed?

Cheers, Sarah (Hopefully soon to be a Pom in Oz)

What were you calling for? You knew it takes 8-9 months and it has only been 4 months. No wonder nobody can every get through to those helplines ...

Archived