Migration agent states anzsco list is a guide/assessment authority has final say?

RUDDMACE

Hi, its Wendy again !!

Following on from my recent thread about the best way to emigrate, I've been informed by our migration agent that although the ANZSCO list has my partner's job role on it and that "work experience can replace formal qualifications", the assessing authority, Engineers Australia have confirmed to him that you need a degree.

I am obviously naïve to think that the list is an accurate document, but am now even more confused that the list would suggest my partner can emigrate but the Assessing Authority would not accept his application.

I'm frustrated when I read of so many people that emigrated without a migration agent, that would have used formal websites and this forum, and yet it would seem that the information available cannot be relied upon. I need some clarity please ??

Thanks for reading

Wendy.

I don't understand what you mean when you say that the ANZCO list is not an accurate document. This is just a list of occupations, what is there not to be accurate? In any case it is the SOL and CSOL you need to be checking to see if your occupations are on there.

If they are, then you go and check with the skills assessing body to see if you can pass their skills assessment. Yes, immigration materials will say something like "experience may substitute for formal qualifications", this is a generic statement that is true for some occupations but not others, it does not say experience *will* substitute for formal qualifications. It is the skills assessing body that you need to refer to for any information about passing skills assessment.

There are different types of visas. The 457 visa you don't need a skills assessment for. THAT visa they go by the ANZCO description of what you need. Unfortunately many people don't understand that the skills assessment is often much tougher.

The 457 is a lesser visa, but it is possible to get pr after two years with the employer without having to do the skills assessment. In my opinion this is the only reason to go for a 457 visa.

Finding a sponsor is not always an easy process though.

Archived