Some Q' about Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

nuwandammika

Hi All

I have below set of question regading 489 visa. Could anyone answer below questions? Thanks in advance

1. Since this is a 4 year visa and I need to stay 2 years in Australia to be eligible to apply for a PR; can I keep my family in Australia for the first 2 years and later joining for the remaining 2 years.
  2. If I complete the first 2 years (rather than waiting for the whole 4 years to complete) can I apply for PR.
  3. Are there any concessions or support from Oz Gov for kids’ education and medical expenses
  4. As per the Visa condition I should work 1 year full time to be eligible to apply for PR; what does this full time means (How many hours per week, does self-employed counts.)
  5. Under this Visa can my wife work?

Comments with same numbering.

1. Don't understand the question. You want to send your family to Australia and then stay behind in your home country? This is then at odds with your next question which indicated you want to go to Australia. Can you please clarify what this question means.

2. Yes

3. No

4. I believe it is 35-40 hours or something, regular fulltime hours

5. yes.

Hi Pumpkin

Thanks for ur answers, there are no realation betwenn Q1 and 2 there are independent questions, I am just checking all options available. Reason for Q1 is that I have some financial obligation to which I must stay at home country for another two years. And does self-employement counts for Question 4

Hi Pumpkin

Thanks for ur answers, there are no realation betwenn Q1 and 2 there are independent questions, I am just checking all options available. Reason for Q1 is that I have some financial obligation to which I must stay at home country for another two years. And does self-employement counts for Question 4