Resident return visa, advice welcome/needed !r

Adsie

Hi

I'm looking for some help/advice!

I am a British Citizen with Australian residency de-facto/spouse visa. I had an accident in Oz, everything went wrong, no support, lost job, relationship crumbled etc, so returned to the UK to rebuild, I returned back to Oz - too soon- relapsed - back in the UK!

So my visa expires this year in November, I am currently in UK now ready to return and live in Australia.... but really what are my chances of getting my visa renewed? I have spent nearly 2 years out of the country (not all in one go) and I am no longer with the partner I got the visa with..... Just want to be realistic before I set myself up to go back to what I call 'home' and told I have to leave?

Help and advice muchly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi

I am a British Citizen with Australian residency de-facto/spouse visa. I had an accident in Oz, everything went wrong, no support, lost job, relationship crumbled etc, so returned to the UK to rebuild, I returned back to Oz - too soon- relapsed - back in the UK!

So my visa expires this year in November, I am currently in UK now ready to return and live in Australia.... but really what are my chances of getting my visa renewed? I have spent nearly 2 years out of the country (not all in one go) and I am no longer with the partner I got the visa with..... Just want to be realistic before I set myself up to go back to what I call 'home' and told I have to leave?

Thank you!

I take it you were you on the permanent stage of the partner visa? If so and you move back before November there is no problem, you move back get settled in and no need for the RRV until you need to travel, by that time shouldn't be too hard getting it from onshore.

I got to say though, the fact you leave in times of trouble, suggests to me that this is not "home" to you...? I would think carefully about this one, could be another mistake.

If you return to Australia before November and you hold a permanent visa, you won't have any trouble getting back in to the country - the fact that your relationship has broken down is irrelevant if you hold a permanent Partner visa. If you want to return to or leave Australia after November, you will need an RRV in order to be allowed to enter the country as a PR.

If, as you say, you have "spent nearly 2 years out of the country (not all in one go)", I read that to say that you have spent at least 2 out of the 5 years IN Australia and if that's the case, you will have no trouble getting a 5 year RRV which will reset your re-entry rights to Australia for another 5 years. You MUST apply for it while the '2 years in Australia out of the previous 5' still applies or you definitely won't be able to get a 5 year RRV and will find it much more difficult to get even one with a shorter validity. Applying now would be a good idea in case you get bogged down in making the move and the '2 out of 5' no longer applies.

Please pm me and I will give you free advice. Migration Agent for 31 years. Its clumsy on here, email is better, as I wil need further information.

Cheers

Chris

Hi

Thank you!

Archived