Has anyone used Pickfords?

Guest jenny4nails

Guest jenny4nails

Hey Guys!!

Went to the Leeds Expo last Sunday and was talking to a guy from Pickfords removals company, has anyone had experience of using them and how would they rate them?

We were really impressed with what he had to say, I gather they are not the cheapest company to use, but we liked the idea of 1 company (Pickfords) dealing with your move from start to finish...he said that Pickfords in Australia then continue your removal process and even unpack for you on arrival in Australia.

Any words of experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :yes:

Jenny

Guest misschief

Haven't used them to Oz (obviosly as not ther yet!! haha) but they were great from Germany to Uk and vice vera! Hope this helps!

Guest mazza007

Pickfords UK were excellent. Pickfords Melbourne are totally useless. They crammed our furniture into a container half the original size and broke/damaged lots!

They also failed to assemble all the goods as promised.

Very poor and not recommended.

Mazza

Hi Jenny

Yes we used Pickfords from Glasgow to Melbourne (July to October 2007) and found them excellent both from our flat in St Andrews to our son's home in Melbourne. We only had part of our shipment delivered at our son's home, the majority of the shipment was kept in storage by Pickfords until our own place was ready. At all times they were really great. Always turned up on time, were very thorough in the packing. We lost one lampshade,one wine glass -neither insured so no big deal. We did have damage to a wardrobe door, couldn't say whether it was caused by the movers or just the age of the wardrobe (35 years). However a photograph,a quote for repair and Pickfords Insurance paid up pretty quick.

So I have to recommend them. By the way you don't have to insure every single item just the valuable or sentimental items, helps keep the cost down too.

Regards Mike

Guest mikerees

We are using Pickfords to ship our stuff from Cornwall to Perth WA next month. My wife's aunt used them, and they didn't break anything and were really helpfull. They quote 8 weeks for the timescale, but you are better off looking at about 12 weeks really.

Will let you know how we get on with them.

Mike & Claire

Guest dazla

Hi

Can you tell me roughly how much pickfords charge for a half container load? I`m going to Sydney in July.

Cheers

Daz

Guest bohlesover

Hi, We had friends that emigrated from UK to Oz with Pickfords they were great, please please so not use Crown, they are a big joke, who quote a price then after u leave UK hold on to your furniture telling you they mis quoted and cannot realease your goods until you pay the extra, (1600 in our case) others have had same story.

Guest wannabeinoz

I used Pickfords from Sydney to UK in 2002, they were great - nothing was broken and they even cleaned my house (hmmm..I probably paid extra, but they did a good job!) - very helpful and professional in both UK and Oz...was thinking of using them again when head back over...

Clare x

Hi,

we are using Pickfords from uk to Perth wa, for a 20ft container £4,000 with their insurance which we got down, extra insurance on more valuable stuff, mould & mildrew, and insurance on the house as our house insurance did not cover... They picked our stuff up on 1st, 2nd April not bad as removals go... I thought they were a little rough with our things but i suppose they pack everyday... Had a letter last week to say our home will arrive in Freemantle 20th May,so will let you all know how we get on...

Archived