EYPS in Australia

emmacornell

Hello,

Im planning on applying for a 189 visa, as an Early Childhood Teacher - I currently have a degree in Early Childhood, and Early Years Professional Status - has anyone obtained this visa with these qualifications alone?

EYPS has recently changed to Early Years Teacher (which they say mine is equivalent to) which is classed as initial teacher training, however i don't think this was the case when i did it.

I am doing my PGCE this year, however I would rather get my skills assessed sooner rather than later.

Many Thanks

Emma

If your degree did not contain recognised initial teacher training with a minimum of 45 days supervised teaching days, then no you will not qualify at this time and would be wasting your money having your skills assessed.

It would be better to do after you have completed your PGCE.

I have done the required supervised teaching days as part of EYPS, however when I did it, it wasn't initial teacher training yet it is equivalent to the new one which is initial teacher training... hence my confusion?

In that case I am guessing that you will need some sort of statement from your university to confirm that it is equivalent. Get as much documentation as you can before you start the skills process.

In that case I am guessing that you will need some sort of statement from your university to confirm that it is equivalent. Get as much documentation as you can before you start the skills process.

They are currently writing it for me - thank you for your help. At the bare minimum, if I do fail the skills assesment at least I will have all the documentation ready to go when I finish the PGCE!

Archived