working offshore australia pay rates??

bwatt99

I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of what the standard rate was working offshore,yes i know it depends on what you do,who the employer was etc.

I am a tradie well pipefitter by trade but with mechanical experience,plus have done much more and was contacted by an ex employer i worked with on a shutdown,who said the might have something for me offshore.

I have been doing it for over 21yrs now over here i believe pays well,but i have no idea what.

I know that my ex employer when i worked for them on the shutdown i was paid straight time,no double or time and half weekends,while other companies on same job was and even on a holiday was not paid any extra or due the day another time.To be honest all the guys in the squad was annoyed about all but did not have the bottle to ask manager who never replied or did anything about it.

To be honest i said it was a job and money in the end but feel they was taking the pee.

I am going to see them again tomorrow and im sure they said be same rate as i was on and i must say was not that great for being onshore never mind being offshore and said there be an uplift also for being offshore.

I have no idea what be said tomorrow or whats on offer or even how long the job be for, maybe 2 months ok yes i not been here long and we all start from the bottom again and work up, but i have been in the game a long time and would hate to be taken advantage of, yes we can all say what we want and what we hope for but not know whats the going rates its hard to haggle.

thanks

• 1 month later...

1. [h=3]wages for a pipefitter in australia - PomsInOz[/h]

1. http://www.pomsinoz.comForumLiving and LifestyleJobs & Careers

1. Cached

1. Feb 23, 2013 - 6 posts - ‎4 authors

2. what does the average pipefitter earn in australia,working as fifo,or offshore,is there anyone in the same like of work tradies,welders etc who do.
  3. working offshore australia pay rates??
    1 post
    12 Aug 2014

4. gorgon jobs as a pipe fitter

5. 10 posts

6. 15 Aug 2013

7. More results from http://www.pomsinoz.com

1. [h=3]working offshore australia pay rates?? - British Expats[/h]

1. britishexpats.com/.../australia.../working-offshore-australia-pay-rates-840...

[*]Aug 12, 2014 - 13 posts - ‎5 authors

[*]... had knowledge of what the standard rate was working offshore,yes i ... I am a tradie well pipefitter by trade but with mechanical experience ...

[*]Vetassess Assessment pipefitter to Metal Fabricator

15 posts

19 Aug 2014

[*]pipefitters wages what do you earn in oz

[*]4 posts

[*]25 Jul 2012

[*]Barrow Island Gorgan Project

[*]15 posts

[*]10 Mar 2011

[*]More results from britishexpats.com

1. [h=3]wages for a pipefitter working in australia - Perth Poms[/h]

1. http://www.perthpoms.comForumJobs & Careers

[*]Feb 23, 2013 - 1 post - ‎1 author

[*]what does the average pipefitter earn in australia,working as fifo,or offshore,is there anyone in the same like of work tradies,welders etc who do.

1. [h=3]Oil and Gas Jobs | Oil Jobs | Offshore Jobs | Oil Careers[/h]

1. https://au.oilandgasjobsearch.com/

1. Cached

We cover all oil jobs, offshore jobs, oil careers and offer recruiter services to employers ... We have been operating the landmark Australian North West Shelf Project since ... 12 hour shifts -Rates - $37/hour NT + $59/hour OT + overtime rates on saturday ... The rewards: Top salary Friendly and dynamic working environment ...