TV/internet/mobile/home phone

Kellie23

So, we are soon to be arriving on the Gold Coast and we will be living in pacific pines. I've started looking into the different providers for TV, Internet etc. In the uk we had everything with one company (virgin) so we got tv package, fast broadband and free phone calls!

Has anyone got any advice as to which company to use? There seems to be so many on the comparison site and I've been told some have terrible signal. Is it possible to have everything with the same company?

Appreciate any advice?

Ive also been told to organise electricity provider so that there's electricity soon as we arrive! It's a mine field!

Cheers

kellie

We arrive in Melbourne next month and I've started looking at utilities so we can get them set up prior to arriving. There are lots of broadband providers out there who do tv bundles but not all do all suburbs. I quite liked the look of Optus, they seemed a bit cheaper than than the others but don't do my suburb!

As for electric there are a few price comparison sites which seemed simple enough to use. My job for this weekend is to have a proper look and sign up for some as now 4wks till we fly out!!

We arrived last week and the TV is crap here. Mind you we don't intend watching too much.

But......

We were given the heads up a couple of days before we left that best thing to do is find a family member or good friend in UK that has Sky package and request multi room. Bring the box out with you, get a dish while here and tune it in using a local company. They tell me it works fine for your £10 a month...........

We were too late..... :-(

We arrived last week and the TV is crap here. Mind you we don't intend watching too much.

But......

We were given the heads up a couple of days before we left that best thing to do is find a family member or good friend in UK that has Sky package and request multi room. Bring the box out with you, get a dish while here and tune it in using a local company. They tell me it works fine for your £10 a month...........

We were too late..... :-(

what you suggest will work inside the Astra (sky satellite) footprint

astramap2.jpg

theres no way a sky tuner can work out here, there is a whole planet between the sky satellite and any dish you set up.

you can however get sky by having a mate in the uk with a sky package give you their log in for the sky anytime service that allows you to watch tv over the internet.

get these details, set yourself up with a uk proxy server and it should work.

i personally havn't done it, but there are folks on here who have, i'm sure they can help out :)

astramap2.jpg

Archived