Cost of Living In Sydney?

Guest Liz

How long is a piece of string? Well it depends on where you live, but we are from London and we have been in Sydney for nearly 2 years and in a decent area, with transport ,with schools, near work your looking at paying London prices. So, we have decided to head to Brisbane. :smile:

NSW has the highest tax rate and petrol prices. Food prices differ from suburb to suburb. If you rent, you don't pay council rates. Everything else is the same as the other states.

Guest Vix&D

Hi Liz,

Thought I'd post the reply here as the other posts were in the blog section and we're supposed to use the forums heh?!

I have heard of Frenchs Forest. We didnt go there though, but its the Northerrn beaches we're heading to also, Manly, Dee-Why, Seaforth etc... As thats where we aleady have a lot of friends..

Also work contacts for both of us in those areas....

What stage are you at?

Vix&D

Hi

The stage we're at is we are currently waiting for our case officer (which we were expecting in January) and then medicals and police checks. Have just put our house on the market but who knows if it will sell with the scaremongering the media are creating regarding house prices and mortgages. But hopefully it will be this year. What about you?

We have also got friends around and near the areas you mentioned Manly, Bondi and Coogee.

Cheers Liz

Guest koala12

Hi Liz

I've been living in Sydney for the past 19 months now and I think it depends where you came from in UK as to how you find cost of living. For us moving from London we find things are generally cheaper or at the very least the same....a few things are dearer (foodwise) but then they are better quality. Housing and rents can be expensive depending on which suburb/area you live in. However, overall it's a great place to live and we love it

K

Archived