rental property wanted in Essex for 09/14

toxen

Hello, I'm returning to the UK in September 2014 & have been looking for a rental property 1-2 bed in Essex. Blimey! The costs seem to have sky rocketed over the last few months. Anyone looking to let their property part/unfurnished please. I'm happy to go through the necessary checks. Thanks.

yes, good luck with that. we are also looking to move back to essex (from there originally) and the market has gone nuts in the last 4 weeks. i've been keeping a close check on all essex areas since Feb- seriously, since the last few weeks things have gone up by 2-300 quid a month. We need a 3 bed in a semi decent area (north essex, chelmsford, leigh or similar) but all are now 1200 min- i'm priced out of my own home town! no way paying that. now looking at having to relocate at least 2 hours from essex in order to be able to actually afford it. actually having serious reconsiderations- may stay put here for a couple more years. in the last 6 months the housing market has also increased price wise- most things have gone up a very noticeable amount, thus pushing rents up. sucks. cant afford it. even though i want to relocate there.....

Interesting thread for me, we own a 4 bed semi in Chelmsford, which we are currently renewing the lease for. Having browsed Right Move I too have noticed an increase In the immediate area. For the rent we currently get, you can now only seem to get a 70's style house with an 90's kitchen. Ours is only 6 years old. Good for us but not for anyone returning.

It will be interesting to see what the agent thinks we should be charging now. However I'd rather keep the tenants for less rent then risk having the place empty.

Hopefully this will bode well for us when we try to sell, though I'm not sure that the sales market is to hot despite what you read in the press.

The sales market in the south east is fantastic. I live on the Essex / Suffolk / Cambridgeshire border and house sales are going through here within days of the house going on the market, and at 25% higher cost than they were 2 years ago.

Some areas have seen 20% cost increase this year alone.

Nearby Cambridge was on the news as the fastest city to sell a house. Average time of sale this year - 9 days. That's insane. That barely gives the agent time to advertise.

I'm looking to return to Harlow. The estate agents tell me that rentals are high due to limited properties on the market so landlords can demand high rentals because they know they can acheive them. Really sucks for us looking for rental properties.

The sales market in the south east is fantastic. I live on the Essex / Suffolk / Cambridgeshire border and house sales are going through here within days of the house going on the market, and at 25% higher cost than they were 2 years ago.

Some areas have seen 20% cost increase this year alone.

Nearby Cambridge was on the news as the fastest city to sell a house. Average time of sale this year - 9 days. That's insane. That barely gives the agent time to advertise.

That is indeed insane, hopefully not another bubble on the way...

I hope you other guys find somewhere.

Archived