Moving to Sydney on 457 visa

Lou R

Hello everyone. I am new here.

Currently living in Lancashire UK and have 457 visa and job start date of 12th Jan. Does anyone know if all family members covered by 457 have to arrive together? My sister already lives in Sydney and my daughter who will be 17 is thinking about going out early to stay with her while me and my partner spend a couple of months travelling. She will start school in Jan.

Any advice appreciated, many thanks.

Hello everyone. I am new here.

Currently living in Lancashire UK and have 457 visa and job start date of 12th Jan. Does anyone know if all family members covered by 457 have to arrive together? My sister already lives in Sydney and my daughter who will be 17 is thinking about going out early to stay with her while me and my partner spend a couple of months travelling. She will start school in Jan.

Any advice appreciated, many thanks.

You may want to rethink your daughter's trajectory for a couple of reasons - first, she is at an uncomfortable age to transfer - kids begin the HSC at age 16 leading to a yr 12 score. You can't really just hop in anywhere during that time but need to do the full two yr course. Getting A levels would be her most sensible course of action and keeps all her options open - the 457 is a temp visa so if she needed to continue her education in UK at any time she wouldn't be disadvantaged by either score conversions or international fees.

second reason is that on a temp visa you're going to be up for $5.5kpa for senior years or if she goes to TAFE then you'll be up for international fees.

Thanks Quoll, aware of all that. My daughter is taking a few months out to travel with us then will start the final 2 years of high school in Sydney. She's really keen on the idea, very sporty.

Suzikiscottie-she has now decided to do all of the travelling with us thankfully so shouldn't be an issue, but many thanks for the info. We hope to arrive in Sydney in December, hopefully about the same time as our container.

Lou

Archived