Not a good start. Help needed

cane88

Hello

i went to australia in April to look for jobs and see a bit of the country. (Perth) stayed with my uuncle.

Well I fell in love with it And got offered a job but they aren't able to sponsor me.

I spoke with a agent and told them that I'm a dryliner here. But apprantly I need 8 years experience earning over £10,000 before I can apply. is this correct? I was going to apply for the skilled visa.

I've got nvq level 2 in drylining and my partner has nvq level 2 and level 3 in childcare.

We both have family put there.

Just trying to find out what is our best bet for applying?

Thanks in advanced

cane

There are two lists of occupations. Which one yours is on (if either) determines what visa types you could be eligible.

Have a look (google) and if your job is on one, google the number which goes with the job.

This will tell you the MINIMUM requirements for a 457 visa. This is an employer sponsored temporary visa, but it doesn't require a skills assessment.

Often you need more than listed to pass a skills assessment which you need for most perminant visas.

Hello

i went to australia in April to look for jobs and see a bit of the country. (Perth) stayed with my uuncle.

Well I fell in love with it And got offered a job but they aren't able to sponsor me.

I spoke with a agent and told them that I'm a dryliner here. But apprantly I need 8 years experience earning over £10,000 before I can apply. is this correct? I was going to apply for the skilled visa.

I've got nvq level 2 in drylining and my partner has nvq level 2 and level 3 in childcare.

We both have family put there.

Just trying to find out what is our best bet for applying?

Thanks in advanced

cane

I don't know what a dry liner is, does it have any other name? You need to see. If it is on the SOL or CSOL as blossom mentioned first. If it isn't then that means neither of you currently have a path to Australia and would need to retrain.

There are no generic rules about salary level and years experience, it varies. If somebody mentioned eight years to you, it sounds like they are thinking of skilled migration ( it employer sponsored) and work experience points, for work experience points the work has to be paid at the appropriate minimum level.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yes my job is on the occupation list as a fibrous plasterer. the agent i spoke that i need 8 years experience earning over £10,000. I have the 8 years experaince but not the earning for the full 8 years.

Cane

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yes my job is on the occupation list as a fibrous plasterer. the agent i spoke that i need 8 years experience earning over £10,000. I have the 8 years experaince but not the earning for the full 8 years.

Cane

Do you know what visa the agent was referring to? Sounds like skilled migration and the reasoning for what you were told is possibly as I mentioned in previous post.

Being on both lists is good as it means more visa options are available.

But there are other requirements to get the visa too. The main ones being you have to pass a points test and you have to pass a skills assessment. Have you looked into either of these things yet?

You said something about not earning £10k a year yet this would surely mean minimum salary, which I find very unusual for a trades person - so is this actually your full time occupation, or is it something you have just dabbled in?

You said something about not earning £10k a year yet this would surely mean minimum salary, which I find very unusual for a trades person - so is this actually your full time occupation, or is it something you have just dabbled in?

Possibly apprenticeship rates, at a guess the agent might be trying to define where training ends and post qualification experience starts.

Being on both lists is good as it means more visa options are available.

But there are other requirements to get the visa too. The main ones being you have to pass a points test and you have to pass a skills assessment. Have you looked into either of these things yet?

It's my full time job. I was training for about 3-4 years which didn't pay that well then after that I've been earning over £10,000. I have 8 years experience but not earning over £10,000 on every year.

So what would you recommend me doing? As I don't have a clue lol

It's my full time job. I was training for about 3-4 years which didn't pay that well then after that I've been earning over £10,000. I have 8 years experience but not earning over £10,000 on every year.

Have you looked at a points test? Was your training an apprenticeship? Did you come out with a qualification?

So is the 8 years after training? They won't count it until you were fully trained.

Have you looked at a points test? Was your training an appnticeship? Did you come out with a qualification?

I haven't looked at the point test yet. Where could I find it? yes i came out with a nvq level 2.

Archived