Calling HMRC from Ausralia

Dawn2002

Hi there,

I need to call HMRC, but I'm struggling to find an overseas contact number on their website.

I've found one starting with 0161, but I'm unsure if this is just a textphone number.

If anyone has called recently and has a number, it would really be appreciated. I really don't want to spend half hour in the phone being passed about !!!

Thanks All.

I called using some Skype credit. Just dialled the UK number then and had no hassles. Didn't use much either, only a few $ all up and was on hold for a fair while. Did this at my computer so I could get on with other stuff while I waited.

Hi there,

I need to call HMRC, but I'm struggling to find an overseas contact number on their website.

I've found one starting with 0161, but I'm unsure if this is just a textphone number.

If anyone has called recently and has a number, it would really be appreciated. I really don't want to spend half hour in the phone being passed about !!!

Thanks All.

Isnt 0161 just a Manchester number. Will it was in by day, maybe just call it and see..

Guest Guest26110

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/information/helpdesk

Scroll down and find the relevant HMRC enquiry, you will see the phone number to call if you are overseas

:-)

QUOTE=Dawn2002;1936574261]Hi there,

Thanks All.

I called using some Skype credit. Just dialled the UK number then and had no hassles. Didn't use much either, only a few $ all up and was on hold for a fair while. Did this at my computer so I could get on with other stuff while I waited.

I've just retread this, thanks Snifter, I wasn't aware of this. I'll try this out.

The number I have written down is 001144 161 931 9070, yes, I just checked that, assuming it is about self-assessment?

[h=2]Self Assessment[/h][h=3]Check our website[/h]Completing your tax return (individuals and directors)Information you'll need to complete your tax return, key steps, common mistakes, where to get helpTax return corrections and repayment claimsHow to correct a mistake or make an amendment on a tax return, how to claim a tax refund or correct an underpayment or overpaymentProblems logging in with your user ID or password?How to get help to request replacement user ID and/or password

[h=3]Telephone[/h][h=4]Self Assessment Helpline[/h]Help and advice for customers completing their tax return and supplementary pages, or who need general advice about Self Assessment

Please have your Unique Taxpayer Reference number with you when you phoneOpening hours8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday

8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday

Closed Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day0300 200 3310

For customers who are deaf or hearing or speech impaired:0300 200 3319 (Textphone)A textphone allows you to type what you want to say rather than speaking into a mouthpiece. You can use a textphone instead of a voice telephone if you are deaf or have problems with your speech. It is not possible to speak to an adviser by phoning a textphone number.If you're calling from abroad please telephone:+44 161 931 9070

Thanks MARYROSE02, it is about self assessment, that's very helpful of you to post all that info.

You are welcome! I've been submitting my returns on line for the past five or six years, no problem. Occasionally, I have had to ring them, or send a message. They are very helpful.

Archived