Calling any Students

mandymcqueen

Hi

Ok can anyone tell me if you need to have medicals done on a student visa, I am just about to apply for mine and I am confused, it says on the website that not everyone needs medicals, does that mean they will tell me when I apply for my visa if I need meds done??

Also if you do need them does family members on your student visa also need them?

Starting to panic now that I may not have enough time to get everything done, start my course on July 14th yipee. Anyone know how long it actually takes to get the visa?

Sorry I know loads of questions there, any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mandy

Guest wendy and neil

Hi Mandy

Yeh unfortunately you do need a medical and so does everyone who is going on the student visa.

We have been told it can take a matter of weeks to get student visa through but dont know for definate. Our visa is being lodged on friday 18.08.2008 as this is 4 months till OH starts his course.

What are you studying? Where are you going?

We are going to Perth and OH is doing bricklaying.

If you need anymore info just let me know, I dont think there is many stones unturned with me as I have asked every question I can think of!!(I think our agent is going to retire after getting rid of me cos all i do is ask him question after question!!!).

Wendy

:wubclub:

Guest brownfamily
Hi

Ok can anyone tell me if you need to have medicals done on a student visa, I am just about to apply for mine and I am confused, it says on the website that not everyone needs medicals, does that mean they will tell me when I apply for my visa if I need meds done??

Also if you do need them does family members on your student visa also need them?

Starting to panic now that I may not have enough time to get everything done, start my course on July 14th yipee. Anyone know how long it actually takes to get the visa?

Sorry I know loads of questions there, any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Yes you do all need medicals, and I think if your children are over 12 then they also need chest xrays (but you might waqnt to check on the age to confirm).

One thing that you don't need on a student visa is police checks though.

I can't remember exactly how long our visa took, but it was definately only a matter of weeks. I know that it was a very manic time getting everything organised etc, but it is sooo worth it. If you phone one lot of drs (on the approved list) and find they can't fit you in for a few weeks, then it is worth phoning round a few more in your area and they might be able to get you in quicker. Once done, we also sent our medicals etc via TNT as they were recorded and it was quicker.

Good luck.

Heather

Hi

Thanks for that, well we applied for the visas last night online. Getting really nervous now.

So you have to courier the medicals then, we were a bit confused about that one, we are just doing things ourself rather than using an agent and couldnt see where it says what we actaually do with the medicals.

Well i am starting a hairdressing course at Sunshine Coast TAFE on 14th July, so I am off to try and get us all appointments.

Thanks again and good luck to you both

Thanks

Mandy

Guest sunshine 27
Hi

Thanks for that, well we applied for the visas last night online. Getting really nervous now.

So you have to courier the medicals then, we were a bit confused about that one, we are just doing things ourself rather than using an agent and couldnt see where it says what we actaually do with the medicals.

Well i am starting a hairdressing course at Sunshine Coast TAFE on 14th July, so I am off to try and get us all appointments.

Thanks again and good luck to you both

Thanks

Mandy

Just thought I would say 'Hi' as I'm on the hairdressing course in Sunshine coast Tafe so will be meeting you in July!

Good luck with the move over here

Ang

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mandy

Don't worry about your meds. The doctor has to send those off for you which is why you can't find any instructions about it.

Student visa meds get priority processing but it would be worth ringing round the Panel Doctors around you and getting something booked.

The list of panel doctors is here:

dima_health - Australian High Commission

Best wishes

Gill

Archived