Motorcycle on UK licence

jpe123

Hello,

I am arriving in Oz (sydney) on October 7th on a working holiday, I have a few potential job leads but will need transport pretty quick.

From what I can see online aslong as i remain as a visitor the UK licence is fine is this the case ?

Also any Bike enthusiasts in the Coogee area who are interested in meeting up I am keen to make some like mided friends.

Cheers

Justin

And unlike in the UK it's quite common to see motorcycles with fairly high mileage on them! I steered clear of a lot of bikes here because of that, but in the end I just accepted that it is just the way it is!

Got rid of my low mileage Suzi in the UK for just over £1100. A couple of years later I bought exactly the same bike here in Melbourne, much higher mileage, hasn't been looked after as well as my oldie, and I paid about 3 times it's value compared to UK prices. And I got it cheap 'cos it had no other bidders (eBay).

Sellers still want top dollar for a pretty old, shabby, poorly maintained, high km motorbike.

Same for cars really! I had to stop myself from doing price comparisons cos it was just driving me mental!

Hi - not sure if you're planning on taking your own lid from the UK or buying one there; I seem to recall reading a thread on here that there may be issues about using UK ones in Oz (something about in the event of crash, your insurance may be affected if you're wearing one withut an Australian safety standards sticker)

Hi - not sure if you're planning on taking your own lid from the UK or buying one there; I seem to recall reading a thread on here that there may be issues about using UK ones in Oz (something about in the event of crash, your insurance may be affected if you're wearing one withut an Australian safety standards sticker)

Think this is particularly true with QLD. I have been told to leave all my lids here. There are talks going on at the moment as the QLD lids don't seem to cater for the 'larger' head. Things may change, but not overnight.

Someone currently in QLD may have more info.

Same as here regarding the Helmet, I should be able to obtain said stickers.also interested in the Vespa if anyone knows my wife has one which we will be looking to ship should we manage to stay long term only going on a WHV so its way down the line for us.

Cheers

Archived