457 Falling Through - Carpenter HELP

SW1

I am currently on my 457 sponsorship, working regionally in QLD. I've been working since Jan 2013, we have recently been going through our application for the RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) until my employer let us know that we would have to hold off as the work load isnt great.

Unfortunately I dont make the 60 points.

I'm 24 (25 in Jan)

Qualified level 3 in UK Carpentry and Joinery

Passed Skills assessment last month

Worked 2 yrs post grad in england, 1.5 in Aus.

Hope to gain a 7 on IELTS, won't make an 8 i imagine.

At this rate its looking like i might get let go... So I really need some help.

Firstly - Are there any PR visa's that anyones knows i can try for? We are thinking state sponsorship, but even that is looking bleak. NSW have on SOL but they have closed apps until oct, were they will give a new SOL. And WA only has carpentry, so looking into that at the mo.

Secondly - Does anyone know of any tradesmen who could take over our sponsorship??? Willing to relocate anywhere, currently roster inland from the gold coast.

Really hope someone can help me.

Thanks

I just put your points down in red, agree you are looking short there. Have you actually taken IELTS? Getting 20 points for that would clearly be the solution to your problems. It just requires literacy for the native English speaker and most of us do have that, it can be a bit harder for those people not used to using their literacy skills on a regular basis, but practice can help in that case.

I make that you are still short even with state sponsorship, unless it is regional state sponsorship. Any relatives in the woodwork that could sponsor you? This would also be a visa with regional restrictions and not a great option, but it is an option. Have you actually lost your job now, or can you hold on until January and then you get another 5 points for age.

If you don't have an employer sponsor, then your only option for a work related visa is the skilled migration program, which are all based on points.

I am currently on my 457 sponsorship, working regionally in QLD. I've been working since Jan 2013, we have recently been going through our application for the RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) until my employer let us know that we would have to hold off as the work load isnt great.

Unfortunately I dont make the 60 points.

I'm 24 (25 in Jan) 25

Qualified level 3 in UK Carpentry and Joinery 10

Passed Skills assessment last month

Worked 2 yrs post grad in england, 1.5 in Aus. 5

Hope to gain a 7 on IELTS, won't make an 8 i imagine. 10

At this rate its looking like i might get let go... So I really need some help.

Firstly - Are there any PR visa's that anyones knows i can try for? We are thinking state sponsorship, but even that is looking bleak. NSW have on SOL but they have closed apps until oct, were they will give a new SOL. And WA only has carpentry, so looking into that at the mo.

Secondly - Does anyone know of any tradesmen who could take over our sponsorship??? Willing to relocate anywhere, currently roster inland from the gold coast.

Really hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Put the effort into getting all 8s on IELTS. If you work at it and do heaps of practice exercises, you CAN do it. Read leey's story of his IELTS experiences for encouragement.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/204946-ielts-band-8-too-hard-iam-tradesman-my-skills-my-hands.html Ielts band 8.too hard ,iam a tradesman my skills are in my hands

Thanks for the replies... that Leey's story is great!

We have been told to look into the 489, I make the points and requirements and then after 2 years go for the PR 887. Bit of a set back since we were hoping for PR this year.

After reading that Leey's story I could probably look into the IELTS I little more, School wasn't easy and I just got my basic English to be able to go to college for my trade, so I'm honestly not hopeful for 8's... If I get 7's then the 489 is in reach. (my gf writes these posts for me)

Our next hurdle is keeping my job for as long as I can, if I get let go then finding another sponsor will be the most important thing.

Does anyone know if I have to be 'living' regionally at the time I submit my EOI for the 489? Or is this the condition once granted?

I live on the gold coast and roster inland, we lived in Chinchilla for a year and willing to move up to the sunny and still roster.. Just not sure if our address has to be regional when we apply. If so, I need to get packing! :/

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies... that Leey's story is great!

We have been told to look into the 489, I make the points and requirements and then after 2 years go for the PR 887. Bit of a set back since we were hoping for PR this year.

After reading that Leey's story I could probably look into the IELTS I little more, School wasn't easy and I just got my basic English to be able to go to college for my trade, so I'm honestly not hopeful for 8's... If I get 7's then the 489 is in reach. (my gf writes these posts for me)

Our next hurdle is keeping my job for as long as I can, if I get let go then finding another sponsor will be the most important thing.

Does anyone know if I have to be 'living' regionally at the time I submit my EOI for the 489? Or is this the condition once granted?

I live on the gold coast and roster inland, we lived in Chinchilla for a year and willing to move up to the sunny and still roster.. Just not sure if our address has to be regional when we apply. If so, I need to get packing! :/

Thanks again.

Give IELTS your best shot and then if it doesn't work, the 489 regional is second option. Do you know if your state is sponsoring for your occupation though?