Hello guys.. Am newbie and need you guys help

Ehan

Hello Guys :wink:

Nice to know you all.

I live in Melbourne and status is PR. I have a girlfriend in Indonesia and have been dating for 2years. we're planning to get married six months later. The party will be held in Indonesia.

We plan to apply Partner Visa, but the Marriage Licenses can be granted two months after our marriage.

So before the Marriage licenses granted, can she come to Australia use her Visitor Visa?

And is it difficult to apply the Partner Visa by ourself? Or you guys suggest to use agent for apply our Partner visa?

Thanks for everyone who willing to help =)

- See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/214860-hello.html#post1936559344

I live in Melbourne and status is PR. I have a girlfriend in Indonesia and have been dating for 2years. we're planning to get married six months later....

We plan to apply Partner Visa, but the Marriage Licenses can be granted two months after our marriage.

So before the Marriage licenses granted, can she come to Australia use her Visitor Visa?

And is it difficult to apply the Partner Visa by ourself? Or you guys suggest to use agent for apply our Partner visa?

First, make sure you have plenty of evidence to prove you have a genuine relationship - evidence of when you first met, copies of emails or letters you sent to each other, records of visits you made to each other. The authorities can be very suspicious of women who marry a PR holder, because often women do that just to get residency and it is not a real marriage.

Yes your fiance will be able to visit Australia before she gets married on a visitor visa, but she will not be able to stay. She must living outside Australia when you apply for a partner visa.

If you have good evidence of a relationship it is not hard to apply for a partner visa, but it is very important to fill out every detail correctly. If your English is not absolutely perfect, it would be better to use an agent.

Hello Guys :wink:

Nice to know you all.

I live in Melbourne and status is PR. I have a girlfriend in Indonesia and have been dating for 2years. we're planning to get married six months later. The party will be held in Indonesia.

Thanks for everyone who willing to help =)

- See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/214860-hello.html#post1936559344

Could I ask why it is going to take two months to get the Marriage Licence? I was married in Indonesia, to an Indonesian and we walked away with the marriage certificate that day (they are actually two little books, you get one each).. anyway, we walked away from the wedding ceremony itself with them in our hands.

If you aren't getting married in a Muslim ceremony it can take a bit longer, but only a matter of days - and I believe even then, you walk out of the wedding with the certificates, you just have to take them to two other offices to get them stamped and made legal as such.

Even if it is supposed to take two months, or even two weeks - if you want the process done quicker, this is Indonesia. Give you partner some cash, get her to grease a few palms - make the process go a bit smoother, and a lot quicker. You'll have your certificate in no time at all. (i only advocate the greasing of palms, in countries where the greasing of palms is expected, and the norm).

• 2 weeks later...
First, make sure you have plenty of evidence to prove you have a genuine relationship - evidence of when you first met, copies of emails or letters you sent to each other, records of visits you made to each other. The authorities can be very suspicious of women who marry a PR holder, because often women do that just to get residency and it is not a real marriage.

Yes your fiance will be able to visit Australia before she gets married on a visitor visa, but she will not be able to stay. She must living outside Australia when you apply for a partner visa.

If you have good evidence of a relationship it is not hard to apply for a partner visa, but it is very important to fill out every detail correctly. If your English is not absolutely perfect, it would be better to use an agent.

thanks for the info, marisa..

can you suggest how many evidence should i have? And are they going to be interview ? or they need to write letter of statement about our relationship ? does our family included as the evidence ?

We're planniing to apply Express marriage license so when the time we going back to Oz, we had the marriage license in our hand.

but because all the docs are in indonesia so when need to translate it again. Maybe we lodge the application when everything is translated.

i see on partner booklet that if we apply partner visa in Oz then we should be in Oz and my wife will get bridging visa.

now she have tourist visa with max 3months stay but her visa expire 10days after we both arrive at Oz.

so will that affect our partner visa process ?

Do you suggest her to apply new tourist visa so she will get new expired date.

Could I ask why it is going to take two months to get the Marriage Licence? I was married in Indonesia, to an Indonesian and we walked away with the marriage certificate that day (they are actually two little books, you get one each).. anyway, we walked away from the wedding ceremony itself with them in our hands.

If you aren't getting married in a Muslim ceremony it can take a bit longer, but only a matter of days - and I believe even then, you walk out of the wedding with the certificates, you just have to take them to two other offices to get them stamped and made legal as such.

Even if it is supposed to take two months, or even two weeks - if you want the process done quicker, this is Indonesia. Give you partner some cash, get her to grease a few palms - make the process go a bit smoother, and a lot quicker. You'll have your certificate in no time at all. (i only advocate the greasing of palms, in countries where the greasing of palms is expected, and the norm).

Hii bent, glad to know you're Indonesia too :)

are you jakarta ?

Yes as i know for Muslim they will get the Marriage license on that day but we're not Muslim.

we plan to find agent whose can do it express.

We just hope we can find them as until now we're still looking for.

Hii bent, glad to know you're Indonesia too :)

are you jakarta ?

Yes as i know for Muslim they will get the Marriage license on that day but we're not Muslim.

we plan to find agent whose can do it express.

We just hope we can find them as until now we're still looking for.

Hi Ethan,

It's my wife who is Indonesian, I am British and we are currently living in the UK... my wife on a spouse visa, but in the process of applying for a visa to migrate to Australia.

She is from Jakarta, that is where we were married. How about you...?

I'm pretty sure the process for legalising the marriage shouldn't require an agent..and I think it is only a case of visiting a few offices to get stamps but to get the best advice from those who know facts try the forum livinginindonesia - a lot of expats there who have married in non Muslim ceremonies so will be able to advise on the process and any shortcuts to speed it up.

Good luck.

Ben

Hi Ethan,

It's my wife who is Indonesian, I am British and we are currently living in the UK... my wife on a spouse visa, but in the process of applying for a visa to migrate to Australia.

She is from Jakarta, that is where we were married. How about you...?

I'm pretty sure the process for legalising the marriage shouldn't require an agent..and I think it is only a case of visiting a few offices to get stamps but to get the best advice from those who know facts try the forum livinginindonesia - a lot of expats there who have married in non Muslim ceremonies so will be able to advise on the process and any shortcuts to speed it up.

Good luck.

Ben

Hi bent,

My gf is from Medan,and so do i. So our married will be held in there.

They said to apply spouse visa we should live together for 12months, so do you ?

Can i have you advice? So do you think am i wrong if i apply Partner Visa ?

or i should apply for PMV ?

but our marriage will be held six month later. i'm afraid it's too late to apply PMV as in medan it takes 12months to process PMV. That means my married will be held before my PMV granted.

and as i see on partner booklet it stated if we submit offshore, we shouldn't be in Oz.

I applied for a spouse visa to bring my wife to the UK rather than Australia so different rules so I won't be able to give any advice sorry.

We are now looking at moving to Australia on a skilled visa.

In terms of proving the relationship - we hadn't lived together but proved photos and copies of flight tickets for all the times we had met up over the years.

Sorry I'm not able to help more.

I applied for a spouse visa to bring my wife to the UK rather than Australia so different rules so I won't be able to give any advice sorry.

We are now looking at moving to Australia on a skilled visa.

In terms of proving the relationship - we hadn't lived together but proved photos and copies of flight tickets for all the times we had met up over the years.

Sorry I'm not able to help more.

It's ok, i understand :)

And thanks bent :)

Archived