Partner Visa application

DomiLia

Hey there,

I'm currently working on my application for a Partner Visa, but some points are still obscure to me:

- regarding Statutory Declarations, I need at least 2 of them from Aussie citizens or permanent residents, but can I also add stat declarations from friends and family members who are not Australians?

- I did a Police Check for a volunteer work, can I use the same document or do I need to ask a specific Police Clearance for the Partner Visa?

- I'm lodging my entire application online, do I also need to fill in the forms 40SP and 47SP or are they included in the process?

Thanks in advance for your help. I know that the process may have changed since a few years, so I hope some people will be in the same situation as me right now.

Domi

Hey there,

I'm currently working on my application for a Partner Visa, but some points are still obscure to me:

- regarding Statutory Declarations, I need at least 2 of them from Aussie citizens or permanent residents, but can I also add stat declarations from friends and family members who are not Australians?

- I did a Police Check for a volunteer work, can I use the same document or do I need to ask a specific Police Clearance for the Partner Visa?

- I'm lodging my entire application online, do I also need to fill in the forms 40SP and 47SP or are they included in the process?

Thanks in advance for your help. I know that the process may have changed since a few years, so I hope some people will be in the same situation as me right now.

Domi

Hi, I completed a 40SP and 47SP for my wife's partner visa application two years ago.

The Stat Decs definitely need to completed by an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.

The police check needs to be done in the applicant's usual country of residence and translated to English (if not already in English). DIAC usually ask for for the police check just prior to making a decision, but you can pre-empt the situation and submit it with your application. The only problem with doing it in advance is that police certificate may go out of date if your application takes a long time to process. We did everything at the time of application and it worked out fine.

I can't help you with the 'on-line' question because we submitted the paper forms at the time.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Martin.

You only need 2 stat decs. You can submit more but honestly, they only require 2. I'd stick with what is required and save yourself the extra hassle.

You need a new police check. It is not like a CRB. There is a form online for applying.

Mine was a paper application.

Guest Guest226914

I think I did 3 stat decs and mine was fine. They actually said to me when I had mine granted that they get fed up of people going overboard with the amount of stuff they submit especially stat decs. Unless you have a complicated situation I wouldnt send too many. Mine was paper and I did fill out those forms.

Police check via here

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

As has been said, don't do this prior to lodging. Your CO will ask you to take your medical and get your police check done about 3 months in. This is because they are only valid for a year and if done too soon can leave you little time to validate at the end. Get them done when your CO tells you to is fine.

My application was a paper one as well, so can't help you with the question about the online forms.

Statutory declarations: We had 2 from Australian citizens using the 888 form, plus 5 more from non-Australians using just a simple standard UK statutory declaration template. Yes, they only request a minimum of 2 statutory declarations but we felt it made our application stronger to have more than that. Plus the declarations tied in nicely with other evidence (e.g. friends who wrote a statutory declaration had also been on holiday with us and appeared in photos with us or postcards addressed to both of us sent from these friends etc.). Plus the two Australian citizens knew less about our day-to-day living together than our UK friends, seeing as we had mainly met up in Australia.

I think it depends on your situation - if you've been married for 10 years and have 4 kids together and are from a low risk country, then you'll probably fine with just the 2 declarations. If you're just about making the 12 month living-together requirement for a defacto application, why not show how serious your relationship is? I had no complaints from my CO although I do appreciate that they must wade through lots of superfluous evidence ;)

Regarding the police check, you could use the one you already have but I would advise against sending that in with your application and rather wait until it is requested by your case officer. Processing times for partner visas in London are 8-9 months so there is a good chance your current police check will either expire while you're waiting for the grant or you might get into a situation where you'll only have a very short amount of time between grant & initial entry date. (As your initial entry date is 12 months after your police check / medical, whichever comes first).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived