Visitor Visa while waiting for Partner visa

Aston Ks

Is it possible to get a visitor visa, while waiting for your sponsored spouse visa to be approved? The application was lodged offshore.
I don't think you can as far as i know you need to be offshore when it's granted if you applied offshore i'm afraid.

Is it possible to get a visitor visa, while waiting for your sponsored spouse visa to be approved? The application was lodged offshore.

You can apply for a tourist visa and go to Aus. You need to inform your CO of your plans and if you are on shore when the visa is ready to be granted, your CO will liaise with you to arrange to go offshore for 3 working days before returning to Aus.

Yes, a lot of people travel as a visitor until their partner visa is approved. As Snifter has said, keep your CO updated on your travel plans so they can let you know when you need to go offshore so the visa can be granted. A quick trip to Bali or NZ is all that's needed.

Yes you can. I happen to apply one for my wife after we lodged her Spouse visa offshore. She got a one year multiple visit visa with a maximum period stay of 3 months.

Archived