child visa subclass 101 , can i file for PR and give police clearance certificates later?

jstrosh

I am working on my child's PR visa, subclass 101, and got to know that i need to get my police checks done as part of 'Protection of children'.

the line under Protection of children says,

Where the child is aged under 18 years,

sponsors (and, if applicable, their partners) of child visa applications lodged on or after 27 March 2010, are required to provide an Australian National Police Check and/or foreign police certificate(s) as part of the process of assessing the

application.

Now i have been staying in USA since more then a year and I was in India before that. so this means i need to get a police clearance certificate from both USA and India.

Now this may take 3,4 months. So the question is, Can i file the application now and send the police check certificates later once I have them?

I remember when i had applied for my PR visa (subclass 175 ), I had done police checks only after my Case Officer had asked me to do so.

However with child PR, it appears that police check documents have to be sent along with the application.

So please let me know if anyone knows if I can send the police check details later?

Archived