Driving Licence

timmbo

• 2 weeks later...
How do you go about changing over to QLD driving licence. Is there a test or any charge.

I'm doing it next week, I'll let you know how I get on, I know it will cost me $154 for a five year licence, but I'll do a step by step process, i think its fairly simple though.

You just head to your nearest transport Office and bring loads of ID and your Old Driving Licence.

Bring Utility Bills or Bank statements etc for proof of address in Aus

Pay the charge and all done in a few minutes. They will take your photo for the Licence in the Office.

All Very efficient

• 2 weeks later...
You just head to your nearest transport Office and bring loads of ID and your Old Driving Licence.

Bring Utility Bills or Bank statements etc for proof of address in Aus

Pay the charge and all done in a few minutes. They will take your photo for the Licence in the Office.

All Very efficient

Skippy has described it pretty well!

You first need to fill out the Driver Licence Application/Renewal form which you will find in the racks within the transport office, measure your height in centimetres and confirm your eye colour, you will need it.

The form is fairly straightforward, but as Skippy said, get loads of ID, we needed a copy of our visa approval, proof of address, (rental agreement/utility bill) Medicare card, UK passport, UK photocard licence and our Australian bank card, our birth certificates would have been accepted too.

Once the form is complete, take a ticket from the dispenser and wait your turn.

The clerk then updates the system with your details, then you have your photo taken, pay your money ($154 for a five year licence) then you get a temporary licence on A4 paper, your card will come through after about 6 weeks.

From entering the building, it took about 45 minutes to complete.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived