Moving before partner visa issued

lollyOzzy

Hi All, very new to the forum, have looked on it a few times for some insight but first time communicating.

I'm an Aussie (with Brit Cit) with partner of 9 years and two British Girls (with dual nationality). Partner finally agreed to give life a go in Oz. So application was logged for 309/100 visa 04/03/2014 payment 04/03/2014 CO assigned 10/04/2014 (SV) medical 11/04/2014 last doc submitted 08/05/2014 as requested by SV.

My question is that our little girl would be due to start kindy in Jan/Feb in Oz however I wanted to go in Sept to get both children settled and attend my brothers wedding however visa grant dates mean that we are looking at grant date approx Oct/Nov based on advised 8-9 month wait. Any suggestions on what we can do. I think best way is to travel to Oz with both girls first and partner following 1-3 months later. However he is not happy with being separated from us??? Any help or advice would be appreciated?!!!!

Hi lolly ozzy sounds very familiar apart from having the kiddies girlfriend submitted application end of Feb and told 8/9 months ( Oct/Nov) we to have a wedding in Sept, girlfriend has emailed CO to see if he had received medical results, says he has and she has met the medical and character criteria also said that when he is ready to grant the visa she may be in Oz but will have to leave for 3 working days so we are thinking of risking going out permanently early Sept not knowing 100% whether she has got the visa or not (big risK though)

Gary

Lots of people go to Australia before the partner visa is granted. You simply need to let your CO know your travel plans and ask them to notify you (so make sure they have your contact details) when they're ready to grant the visa. You leave for NZ or Bali or some other overseas destination for a few days so the visa can be granted, and then re-enter Australia. The downside is that your partner can't work until after the visa is granted, but it gives time to settle in.

Hi lolly ozzy sounds very familiar apart from having the kiddies girlfriend submitted application end of Feb and told 8/9 months ( Oct/Nov) we to have a wedding in Sept, girlfriend has emailed CO to see if he had received medical results, says he has and she has met the medical and character criteria also said that when he is ready to grant the visa she may be in Oz but will have to leave for 3 working days so we are thinking of risking going out permanently early Sept not knowing 100% whether she has got the visa or not (big risK though)

Gary

yes, Gary yours sounds the same. I would have thought with children and 9 years together and all documentation received we'd have more communication. I will keep you posted. I have emailed our CO but on a generic email address last week and still nothing back? So do I email again??

Maggie May 24, we were thinking of Fiji or Bali just to two of us! Mini Break! hahaha But that is brilliant thanks for the confirmation.

regards

lollyOzzy

yes, Gary yours sounds the same. I would have thought with children and 9 years together and all documentation received we'd have more communication. I will keep you posted. I have emailed our CO but on a generic email address last week and still nothing back? So do I email again??

I'd let your partner as the applicant, email from the email address he gave in his application.

CO generally don't communicate much unless there is a need to. By the sound of it they have all the info they need for your partners application. Informing CO of plans to go to AUS on a tourist visa is fine. So long as they have the email addy so they can contact your partner to liaise re going offshore it should be fine.

Thanks Snifter, I have emailed because I am the sponsor but I will ask him to email as well. I have had no communication on if they have received our medical cert either but the hospital we did it at has advised they sent it in April. Grrrr its the lack of communication I can't handle. Thank you.

Thanks Snifter, I have emailed because I am the sponsor but I will ask him to email as well. I have had no communication on if they have received our medical cert either but the hospital we did it at has advised they sent it in April. Grrrr its the lack of communication I can't handle. Thank you.

They won't contact your partner unless there is an issue. So take their silence as not a bad thing. It's your partner they will deal with as he is the applicant. They don't generally contact about medicals so again, it's not reason to worry. Just a waiting game really.

Archived