advice please I hold a 175 visa it expires

Kathleen

175 expires in September, spoke to agent who advises me to go to Oz now then he would apply for a resident return visa, but when I look on site I do not meet criteria as have not lived there two years and not worked 6 month, so I cannot see it being granted, I also looked to see if I could reapply, but it looks as if there is a hold on skilled independent visas at the moment, ideally I would like an extension, I wrote to Australia House they responded a 175 visa could not be extended for any reason, I have also hold my AHPRA registration and have just paid second years fees, does anyone think Its worth the risk of trying to extend visa by heading out there in July and remaining until visa expires to see if they would extend on the basis of being there?

I could, but really could do with one more year before making big move, but if need be I could, means giving a good job up, I would also use extra time to sort dogs passport out, but thank you for your advice, I did not realise I could still make the move and stay after this date, runs out 21 Sep 14

Archived