309/100 Partner Visa Query

LeviMonty

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this form, however have been on others for a while. Just wanted to ask a question which I have searched for, yet unable to find anyone that seems to be in the same situation as me.

My husband is an Australian Citizen by descent. He has never lived there, but obviously are planning to now. He included his statement of sponsorship duties in his application with mines, as requested, so hopefully that shouldn't cause any problems. We are married, been together for 7 years and have two daughters together. From what I understand, I may be skipped straight to the 100 visa?

So when my husband was applying for his citizenship, I applied for the police checks all at the same time. Mines came back on the 24th of April 2014, however I didn't submit my visa application until 16/06/2014. From what I have also gathered, the visa has the date of entry to Australia before the year is up on the police check. Which then puts us in a position where we are looking at 8-9 months waiting time for grant - taking me to March (hopefully the waiting times dont increase!!). Thus leaving us with a few weeks to make the move. Obviously not much of a problem, as I am preparing now for the move so should be ready by then to up and go. Would a CO grant a visa with only a few weeks to validate?

Other question is that as they get their new quota in July - does this speed up or slow down applications that were lodged the end of June? Just in general.

Either way, I'm impatient... can you tell? haha

Generally you don't get your police check done till around 3 months after lodging your application for this very reason. Your CO will grant I would imagine and it will be on you to validate before the date they give, which most likely won't be as long as if you had waited till your CO requested medical and police check. You can only really wait till grant and see what the timeframe is given as.

You might be ok, if you are a straight forward case then maybe you could have your visa within 7months, as it seems a few people lately have managed to get them just over 7months.

But like its been said you might only have weeks or days to validate you're visa.

Generally you don't get your police check done till around 3 months after lodging your application for this very reason. Your CO will grant I would imagine and it will be on you to validate before the date they give, which most likely won't be as long as if you had waited till your CO requested medical and police check. You can only really wait till grant and see what the timeframe is given as.

Yeah I am aware of this now lol. At the time, I went through the paperwork myself - and didn't know that if they granted your visa your date of entry would be from this date. However, it's done now!

Yeah I am aware of this now lol. At the time, I went through the paperwork myself - and didn't know that if they granted your visa your date of entry would be from this date. However, it's done now!

If you're not ready to actually move to Aus when its granted and only have a short time to validate, the only option is to hop on a return flight to validate before the cut off date passes. Its not the ideal but plenty do make a short validation trip then move at a later date when it suits them.

If you are organising and planning to be gone at say the end point of the time frame they gave you (ie 8-9 months) or some such, then you should have time to make the move before the time runs out.

Good luck with it all :)

If you're not ready to actually move to Aus when its granted and only have a short time to validate, the only option is to hop on a return flight to validate before the cut off date passes. Its not the ideal but plenty do make a short validation trip then move at a later date when it suits them.

If you are organising and planning to be gone at say the end point of the time frame they gave you (ie 8-9 months) or some such, then you should have time to make the move before the time runs out.

Good luck with it all :)

Yeah I'm in the process of sorting out the cat (shots, permits, flights etc), then in a few months once we have a CO, I'll book flights and look into the shipping.

Thankfully we only rent here so don't really have much to do before we go. We have family in Australia, so even if the visa was for some reason not to be granted, we could just change dates and go for a holiday.

The date I have in my head is the 20th of April... lets see how that goes!! Lol.

Thank you :)

I would imagine you'll be OK, but as others have said, the process takes as long as it takes, and I doubt the CO/process will treat you any differently because you did your police check early. But it generally takes 8-9 months, which takes you to mid-March, so hopefully your police check won't expire before your visa is granted.

You'll be cutting it fine though! :smile:

I would imagine you'll be OK, but as others have said, the process takes as long as it takes, and I doubt the CO/process will treat you any differently because you did your police check early. But it generally takes 8-9 months, which takes you to mid-March, so hopefully your police check won't expire before your visa is granted.

You'll be cutting it fine though! :smile:

Lol I know, may be a good thing though - less time to have any 'wobbles' haha!

Hopefully I'll have us all ready to go once the visa is through. A husband, two daughters and a cat... can feel my stress head coming on already! Lol. :)

Archived