187 visa- Reducing full time hours

Hello,

i'm on a 187 visa and was wondering if immigration can dictate working hours for employees. I've been working for my employer for almost 12 months and i'm struggling to manage with both myself and husband working full time , 4 children and all the fun stuff of being in a different country with no family support. Its affecting my ability to settle and adding to homesickness. I suspect that my empoloyer is not keen to let me reduce my hours and i think they'll say that immigration says i cant reduce my hours on my visa.

My visa grant letter states only that i must remain in the nominated position for 2 years and nothing about fulltime/ part time hours.

would i be able to make a case to immigration as we think my youngest may have dyspraxia which means he'll need lots of physical support at home and at kinder- he's 4. If so who should i speak to the original case manager or is it a different dept.

any advice would be gfratefully appriciated.

thanks

Thanks for your replies.

in the visa grant details it staes that ther are nil visa conditions and in the obligations section, it states that you must meet the following obligations

commence employment within 6 months of arriving in Auatralia......

remain employed in the nominated position in the regional area for at least 2 years

your visa may be cancelled if you do not comply with these obligations to completethe 2 year contract with the employer.

i just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on this as the grant letter itself is quite vague.

the boss isnt that reasonable and i didnt want them to just say its not possible because i'm on a visa.

Archived