Tax form on a 457 visa

LMF79

Apologies if this should be in another section, but I am wondering if someone can answer a question for me.

We have just landed in Sydney ( must say loving the decision so far) and my husband and I are over on a 457 visa. My question is what form do we fill in online for a tax number? I know we need to make sure that we are down as residents for tax purposes and don't want to get put down as temporary.

Is is it the 'Australian resident' form or is it the 'permanent migrant/temporary worker form' we need it fill in.

Many thanks, lindsay

hi,

Welcome to Sydney. You are like my situation. I am only 457 visa too. make sure you have your TBN applied. Once you have that, get the form to fill up which is the resident one. Not PR, not Temporary resident. You are consider Australia Resident.

Winson Wong

Apologies if this should be in another section, but I am wondering if someone can answer a question for me.

We have just landed in Sydney ( must say loving the decision so far) and my husband and I are over on a 457 visa. My question is what form do we fill in online for a tax number? I know we need to make sure that we are down as residents for tax purposes and don't want to get put down as temporary.

Is is it the 'Australian resident' form or is it the 'permanent migrant/temporary worker form' we need it fill in.

Many thanks, lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

You are an Australian resident for tax purposes when on a 457. I called them up a few years back with the same question and that's what I was told.

Hope that helps

Archived