ImmiAccount advise PLEASE ......

Pasteypoms

I had a different visa, but not a different scenario. Please clarify your (a) comment. Are you saying that a 189 visa and a 475 visa would have different technical issues on ImmiAccount? I followed instructions on DIBP and posted the link to my source as official instruction from DIBP.

So given your logic, no one besides a MARA agent or possibly the DIBP themselves should offer anyone else any advice, even if this is a reiteration of the instruction on the official DIBP website? This practice seems to be rampant around the forum.

--

I find that my advice is analogous to giving people advice on how to safely drive a car, and get criticised for unveiling that driving a car is a possibility for everyone besides the taxi drivers, because ordinary people may crash a car if they went against safety instructions.

It is a completely different scenario because as you said yourself "I have not tried to merge duplicate ImmiAccounts." Yet you willing advise the OP to do so, even posting screen shots and links, without a single thought as to why the OP's agent may of given the advice in the first place. You then refute responsibility ready for if it goes wrong, stating all sorts of wild claims from drink driving to driving safely. Yes people are responsible for their own actions and of course they have a right to know all the options available to them. That is not the issue. As you have pointed out the OP can merge their account, as several MARA agents have stated, it is not advisable.

Of course any one is free to offer advice, its the beauty of an open forum. But one would tend to listen to people experienced within said subject, who take the time out of their days to come on here and offer free advice.

You clearly believe you are right or can not see why people have advised against you, as we can see from your response to every single person, so I am not going continue any further with something that is going round in circles.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Edited by M1cha3la

It is a completely different scenario because as you said yourself "I have not tried to merge duplicate ImmiAccounts." Yet you willing advise the OP to do so, even posting screen shots and links, without a single thought as to why the OP's agent may of given the advice in the first place.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I showed the OP how to IMPORT an application to an ImmiAccount, not how to MERGE duplicated ImmiAccount's. And yes, I have IMPORTED visa application before.

If you read the OP's post, her agent did not advise her against it. They simply brush her off with she cannot have access. These are two different things. I advise her that it is possible and how.

You then refute responsibility ready for if it goes wrong, stating all sorts of wild claims from drink driving to driving safely. Yes people are responsible for their own actions and of course they have a right to know all the options available to them. That is not the issue. As you have pointed out the OP can merge their account, as several MARA agents have stated, it is not advisable.

If I tell people that they can import an application to monitor progress but do not interfere with it, and they go ahead and interfere with the application, it is my fault? Why don't you complain to DIBP too because they also posted the instruction on their website?

From what I can read, the MARA agents stated that it is not advisable when the applicants IMPORT application as there is the possibility that they can then interfere with the application, because "they cannot help themselves". It's assuming that the OP has no self control, rather condescending really. I am sorry that I don't assume everyone else is like that.

Of course any one is free to offer advice, its the beauty of an open forum. But one would tend to listen to people experienced within said subject, who take the time out of their days to come on here and offer free advice.

So the OP can read both my advice (which is also time out of my days and free), and the agents' advice, and decide what she want to do. I still do not understand why you are complaining? Or do you think that OP is unable to make this choice too, so the information should never be made public. What kind of Nazi state is that?

--

It is clear that you are not arguing with any sense of logic, rather a barrage of complaints because you believe that agents must be right, and anyone else offering information and advice that agents are not willing to depart with, must be wrong and irresponsible. I am not going to entertain this argument further.

I can understand your point, but unless you can stop your clients from using the Internet, you are better off being the first person to inform your clients of what they can find in various forums and even the DIBP website. I am certainly not the only person who has shown people how to access their applications, but I suspect I may be the rare poster who suggested they do it safely.

If you think about it from the human psychology point, if a client find out about this access from the Internet when their agent said s/he cannot have access, s/he are likely to think (a) "my agent does not know", or (b) "my agent does not want me to know". Either case, it means lack of trust and the client will still access the application, likely to do it wrong because s/he not aware of the possible complications and consequences.

If an agents sets up this access for his client, he may even be able to set the type of role and access the client can have. The ImmiAccount interface is fairly simple and boring. The status rarely changes and there are few terms that the client would need explanation, mainly the meaning of status changes from Recommended to Required to Received. This way, the client can see that they have a reliable source of knowledge to tap in, who trusts and is willing to educate him/her, s/he are far less likely to take advice from strangers on forums without at least consulting the agent first.

I understand that this means more work for agents, but think about the hours you will spend fixing problems, if your clients went their own ways without your guidance. The reality is that you cannot stop them, so personally I think you should help them make the right choice.

The immiaccount and skillselect is not designed to be used in that fashion, you can ask the DIBP why if you want to. Funnily enough they don't like to make things user friendly for agents, although I'm not sure how they could possibly benefit from discouraging people from trusting their application to a professional representative............

It is clear that you are not arguing with any sense of logic, rather a barrage of complaints because you believe that agents must be right, and anyone else offering information and advice that agents are not willing to depart with, must be wrong and irresponsible. I am not going to entertain this argument further.

I know that wasn't directed at me and I'm not an agent, but what info and advice would you like? Seriously nobody is withholding anything here. The system is buggy, it hates duplication, it hates importing, applications disappear and reappear randomly, it's not the most stable thing in the world and playing around with it as little as possible generally works best.

I know that wasn't directed at me and I'm not an agent, but what info and advice would you like? Seriously nobody is withholding anything here. The system is buggy, it hates duplication, it hates importing, applications disappear and reappear randomly, it's not the most stable thing in the world and playing around with it as little as possible generally works best.

You misunderstood me. I do not require any info from you or the agent; however, the OP's agent did not inform her that she could access her application, and when I showed her she could, M1cha3la claims that I was irresponsible for doing so. It's public information, for goodness's sake!