Economic Slowdown

Guest TeamTalbot

Guest TeamTalbot

Hi. Can anyone in Oz tell me if you are being affected by the economic slowdown that we are experiencing over here in the UK? Are Oz property values dropping like they are over here?

thanks

Hi. Can anyone in Oz tell me if you are being affected by the economic slowdown that we are experiencing over here in the UK? Are Oz property values dropping like they are over here?

thanks

Hello Team Talbot

I do not think Aus will suffer in this recesion as much as the UK, as they do not relie on the US as much and have a healthy relationship with China due to the Resouces boom.

But on the other hand, this has formed part of my decision to return to the Uk. As with 40 years under my belt I feel more comfotable working for myself back home than having to relie on other people in a new country if times relly did get hard.

John

Guest TheBrowningFamily

We have been following the property market closly, and spoke to an agent about 2 weeks ago, he said the market is def slowing down, not so many people able to buy with the high interest rates, and more repo's, he said it is expected to drop slightly in the next month or so...I must add however that this is not the opinion of most of the newspapers over here who are still predicting prices to rise.

Personally from following the market, I have noticed lots of properties which have dropped in price, but I think they were very overpriced in the first place and hence not sold (they are also all oder type properties and queenslanders)

Newer properties coming on the market at a healthy price are selling quickly.

We bit the bullet and have just bought a plot of land....awaiting to sign on the line!

Archived