Big Thanks to TIM!

Guest Nelson

Hey Tim! (Site Admin) Just to say thank you for this wonderful web-site! I don't know what else I would have done without it! It has been an endless source of useful information and a valuable point of reference. I leave the U.K. on 25th and I'm looking forward to posting from Melbourne (or somewhere close by) after that date.

This forum is, without doubt, the best I have come across and I'm a wiser, calmer immigrant for it :!: :D :!:

Three cheers for Tim :D (and the team) :D

Guest Missiemo
Hey Tim! (Site Admin) Just to say thank you for this wonderful web-site! I don't know what else I would have done without it! It has been an endless source of useful information and a valuable point of reference. I leave the U.K. on 25th and I'm looking forward to posting from Melbourne (or somewhere close by) after that date.

This forum is, without doubt, the best I have come across and I'm a wiser, calmer immigrant for it :!: :D :!:

Three cheers for Tim :D (and the team) :D

Hi Krista

Ditto above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if you will read this before you fly, but if you do, all the luck for the flight, see c soon

Luv Mo

Krista,

The very best of Luck. I too think this is the best site so thank you Tim, but also thank you to the people who use the site - I certainly felt supported and understood in the dark days of waiting for the visa and wondering if it would ever arrive..... I guess a site can only be as good as the people who use it!

Ali

Guest Gollywobbler
Krista,

The very best of Luck. I too think this is the best site so thank you Tim, but also thank you to the people who use the site - I certainly felt supported and understood in the dark days of waiting for the visa and wondering if it would ever arrive..... I guess a site can only be as good as the people who use it!

Ali

Ali, I fully endorse - 100% - every word you have uttered above.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Indeed, I would go further than the above in praising this website & Tim.

I am not a shrink so I don't have any technical vocab here.

However, if a forum is managed by a control freak, people rebel. Human nature baulks against arbitrary, bossy, illogical and unnecessary restraint. Control Freakery is guaranteed to bring out the worst in a lot of people (me included and probably especially me!)

If someone wiser tells those same people, "I'm looking after the computer. I'd prefer it if you were not vile to each other, but I have absolutely no intention of trying to interfere with your thoughts and opinions and if you want to thump one another, I guess I'll leave you to get on with it," suddenly the picture changes. Being told (in effect) "Do your worst if you must" actually encourages people to think, "Wey hey. I have a personal responsibiity here..."

Take away the stick. Supply the carrot instead. It works. It works because Tim has spotted this unbelievably simple fact, I reckon.

WELL DONE TIM!! (Not in the sense of a well-done steak, I hasten to add! :? )

Love to all

Gill

xx

Archived