Joiner applicants!!

Hi all!!

We are new to pio and grateful to any advice.

My husband has been a joiner for around 15 years+ he also has his SSTS qualification among others.

Can anyone advise the best place to search for jobs, the best visa.

Any agent information would also be appreciated.

As I am a level 7 qualified nurse not sure if I should be the lead applicant or my husband.

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks!!!

Louise

Hi Louise you are probably the best bet as you probably get a sponsor

I'm a joiner with management experience and got my PR sponsored Visa for Carpentry Joiner Supervisor but don't think that's now on the list Just think it's carpenter or Joiner

Personally I would't use an Agent now everything can be done on line I used one when I applied back in 2009 and and now just applied for my girlfriends partner visa online and saved a bout £1800

Best of luck

Gary

I would also recommend yourself to be the main applicant,( I am also a qualified joiner) it would be the quickest route , we came over on 457 to start with all up it took less than 6 months and then they sponsored us for PR after 3.months of arrival which cane through in under 4 months.

Hi Louise you are probably the best bet as you probably get a sponsor

I'm a joiner with management experience and got my PR sponsored Visa for Carpentry Joiner Supervisor but don't think that's now on the list Just think it's carpenter or Joiner

Personally I would't use an Agent now everything can be done on line I used one when I applied back in 2009 and and now just applied for my girlfriends partner visa online and saved a bout £1800

Best of luck

Gary

Hi Gary

Thanks for your advice think we'll take that route then. How is the joinery work out there we had friends working over there last year that said there was plenty of work, it is starting to pick back up over here but still nothing major really.

Louise

I would also recommend yourself to be the main applicant,( I am also a qualified joiner) it would be the quickest route , we came over on 457 to start with all up it took less than 6 months and then they sponsored us for PR after 3.months of arrival which cane through in under 4 months.

Hi Rallyman

Wow that's brilliant congratulations, we have been wanting to make this move for so long but I wanted to have my children around my family as my nan was ill at the time and would never have been able to travel.

Now it's here and I need to get things in motion I don't even no where to start, did you apply for your jobs whilst still at home then for your visa.

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise

I,m not over yet hopefully September but do keep in touch with my Sister and Bro in Law as he is in the building game over there He keeps telling me I will have no probs finding work there is plenty about if you are willing to look for it, I can work for him Laboring until I find my own work to, and my girlfriends step Bro works for a kitchen company and they are always on the look out for fitters so fingers crossed I will be ok

Ye things are looking up here to had an Agency ring this afternoon saying they had got more work than they could cope with and the rates have gone up heaps, could get upto £15 plus travel but to be honest although yes you do need to have money coming we are moving over more for the way of life and hopefully a bit better weather lol

Gary

Hi Louise,

my wife lined up a interview when NSW health came over looking for nurses ,this was in manchester and due to her speciality (chemo) I think she was fast tracked as it all happened so quick, we are in Sydney ,there is a lot or building work out here but it's quite different to how things are done in the uk ,it would be worth your husband having a read up on google regarding building regulations ,the BCA ( building code of Australia) and also the framing codes , he will also need a white card which is a OHS which can be done on line.

Hi Louise

I,m not over yet hopefully September but do keep in touch with my Sister and Bro in Law as he is in the building game over there He keeps telling me I will have no probs finding work there is plenty about if you are willing to look for it, I can work for him Laboring until I find my own work to, and my girlfriends step Bro works for a kitchen company and they are always on the look out for fitters so fingers crossed I will be ok

Ye things are looking up here to had an Agency ring this afternoon saying they had got more work than they could cope with and the rates have gone up heaps, could get upto £15 plus travel but to be honest although yes you do need to have money coming we are moving over more for the way of life and hopefully a bit better weather lol

Gary

Good luck with it all wish we had done it years ago now when we initially decided with all the changes with the nursing applications!

Hi Louise,

my wife lined up a interview when NSW health came over looking for nurses ,this was in manchester and due to her speciality (chemo) I think she was fast tracked as it all happened so quick, we are in Sydney ,there is a lot or building work out here but it's quite different to how things are done in the uk ,it would be worth your husband having a read up on google regarding building regulations ,the BCA ( building code of Australia) and also the framing codes , he will also need a white card which is a OHS which can be done on line.

Excellent!!!

Thanks for the building info will def look into that!!

Archived