SOL occupation re listing

LeeWilliams

Hi

was just wondering how likely it was for an occupation, that was removed from the SOL last year and placed on the CSOL, to be re listed on the SOL?

I'm running short on options to migrating to Australia; tried state sponsorship but the only state offering sponsorship turned me down on the grounds that I don't have any close ties to the state and that I don't have an offer of employment. So waiting for July to see if the SOL gets updated again.

The Australian (one of the two Australian national newspapers) is reporting today that chefs, bricklayers and tilers are to be added to the SOL:

[h=1]Coalition opens way for foreign chefs, brickies[/h]

THOUSANDS of foreign chefs, bricklayers and tilers will no longer have to be sponsored by employers to obtain permanent visas, as the Abbott government eases skilled migration rules to address alleged labour shortages.

Under changes backed by business groups, the three professions have been added to the Skilled Occupation List from July, meaning these workers will be able to apply for a permanent visa without requiring a sponsor.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/policy/coalition-opens-way-for-foreign-chefs-brickies/story-fn59noo3-1226946439974

Best regards.

Archived