Mortgage status if leaving Aus

Hi,

I'm planning to speak to my bank about this, but if anyone can give me a heads-up, that would be great.

We have been in Australia for 2.5 years and have PR. We're considering buying a house over here, for which we'll require a mortgage. My question is - if we decide to leave Australia to return to the UK (say in a couple of years once we have dual-citizenship), where would our mortgage stand with the bank? Could they pull out and force a sale as we'd have no Australian income? The plan would be to rent out the house when we leave, but we may not necessarily have jobs when we first go back to the UK (especially if we decide to do some travel in between). Will the bank look favourably at our savings in the UK and allow us to keep the Australian mortgage?

I bank with HSBC (in both countries), so thought they would be good to talk to.. although their mortgage rates might suck! Just thought it would help if anyone can shed some light on it first.

Thanks,

Jon.

I still pay my mortgage in uk , me house is empty now , up forsale , you will still have to pay your mortgage in oz , not quite sure what you saying .

If you want another mortgage in uk aswel as the one in oz yes you can providing you have the earnings to pay for it .

They wont onto pull out no they don't care aslong as it's being paid .

obviously if you don't pay it , it will get repossessed , but aslong has you keep ya payments going no issues .

You have already got the mortgage on your income here , I if you not earning in uk they won't care aslong has you pay .

Edited by Shellybingobingo