Heading to Australia on a WHV in July

Karine Beaulieu

July 8th 2014 is when I leave on my big adventure to the land of Australia for a year. This will be my first ever trip abroad, so of course I'm a little nervous but very excited!. To help me out I have decided to go thru the company VisitOz to help me find agricultural work in the outbacks :). I plan to enter the country with about 1500$ dollars to my name and work right away save up and then travel to as many places as I can.

Not much money at all. I wouldn't have paid an outfit to get me a job though. Still I can understand your uncertainty if never travelled. Rest assured OZ is full of back packers, from a ever widening range of countries(as more WHV agreements are signed) Be careful not to over do the credit card though. Coming with little money does mean you'll be working much of the time I expect.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not a lot of money, I have back up at home and I am brining like 1 credit card so i'm not to worried. Visit Oz cost me a pretty penny but I really want to work in the outbacks since I am from the country and working on a cattle station is right up my ally. I don't mind working most of the time I can save up like I said and spend a few weeks traveling here and there before I have to go back to work :)

Archived