ACCA Affiliate points for 190(independent)

terry3218

Hi there everyone, I know this kind of question has been asked a few times before but I still haven't found the answer to it yet. Since I have found different opinions on this.

So I wanna ask how many points does an ACCA affiliate(not member) gets for this 190 visa? Some where people have posted it'll be taken as equivalent to Australian Bachelors but somewhere people have said it will not be.

So if any of you haveany first hand experience regarding this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

I asked a migration agent and the Institute of Public Accountants in Australia a few months ago, and I was told I would not get a positive skills assessment until I became a full member of the ACCA.

From IPA: "For migration purpose, you must have a completed ACCA qualification. It means that you must complete all the required exams + 3 years practical training + admission to ACCA membership."

And from a reputable migration agent: "If you nominate any of the accountant occupations which are assessed by CPA/ICAA/IPA, they will only recognise you if you have a degree in Accounting/Finance, or if you are a current member (associate or fellow) of a recognised accounting organisation (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)." They also said you need your ACCA membership certificate for the skills assessment (unless you have a separate degree in accounting).

I had the same problem trying to find reliable information online.

I asked a migration agent and the Institute of Public Accountants in Australia a few months ago, and I was told I would not get a positive skills assessment until I became a full member of the ACCA.

From IPA: "For migration purpose, you must have a completed ACCA qualification. It means that you must complete all the required exams + 3 years practical training + admission to ACCA membership."

And from a reputable migration agent: "If you nominate any of the accountant occupations which are assessed by CPA/ICAA/IPA, they will only recognise you if you have a degree in Accounting/Finance, or if you are a current member (associate or fellow) of a recognised accounting organisation (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)." They also said you need your ACCA membership certificate for the skills assessment (unless you have a separate degree in accounting).

I had the same problem trying to find reliable information online.

Thanks a lot Ltrain. So I guess I'll have to do bachelors as well now. I also got the same advice from one or two other places recently.

Thanks a lot Ltrain. So I guess I'll have to do bachelors as well now. I also got the same advice from one or two other places recently.

Wouldn't it be quicker/easier just to finish your ACCA qualification? Depending on how far you are into ACCA exams, you may be eligible for the Oxford Brookes degree also.

Wouldn't it be quicker/easier just to finish your ACCA qualification? Depending on how far you are into ACCA exams, you may be eligible for the Oxford Brookes degree also.

Finishing acca qualification will make me an affiliate, obviously that wouldn't be enough, right? And yes I will get that oxford brookes degree, that's the bachelors I'm talking about.

When you finish the ACCA qualification you become a member, which is equivalent to an Australian bachelor's degree for migration purposes. As affiliates are not full members, I thought you were asking whether you could get a positive skills assessment before finishing ACCA. Sorry if I misunderstood.

So you're saying Just finishing the exams would be good enough for a positive skills assessment? Do you know anyone who was able to get positive assessment after just finishing the exams that is without 3 years experience? And secondly when you finish exams you become affiliate not a member.

You need to finish the exams and the PER (and ethics module) to become a member. Only once you are a member will you get a positive skills assessment. You can't get a positive skills assessment as an affiliate because you're not yet a member.

Exactly. So I guess the only way to get a positive assessment(before becoming a member) is to obtain that Oxford brookes degree.

I feel like I'm missing something, but yes, it sounds like that would work if you didn't want to become a member. As long as you've checked that the Oxford Brookes degree is sufficient for the skills assessment :)

I feel like I'm missing something, but yes, it sounds like that would work if you didn't want to become a member. As long as you've checked that the Oxford Brookes degree is sufficient for the skills assessment :)

Thanks a lot. I obviously haven't checked it myself but I've read on forums from people who got positive assessment with this degeee without full membership

So you're saying Just finishing the exams would be good enough for a positive skills assessment? Do you know anyone who was able to get positive assessment after just finishing the exams that is without 3 years experience? And secondly when you finish exams you become affiliate not a member.

If its the same as CIMA the 3 years experience to become a member doesn't need to be post qualification. It just needs to be in relevant career covering certain aspects of the qualification.

I completed CIMA exams in Feb, membership approval granted in June.

Once you have this... (and you have passed your english test) you can apply for recognition of your skills by CPA or one of the other bodies. (Please tell me you didn't use any exemptions so far in ACCA to bypass professional exams? That can make it more difficult).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

Im a recent ACCA affiliate and got a 4 years bachelors degree. Got over 65 in each band of PTE academic.

Please also note Im not a memeber YET.

My questions are;

1. Will my qualification be assessed as Australian Bachelors?

2. Which would be better for me CPAA/ICAA as general accountant?

3. Will I get 15 points or 10 for my education.

Please help.

Thanks

Archived