Employer sponsored visa advice needed please!!!

nicmark

Hi all,

My son is 24 and currently living in Perth on a working holiday visa. He is a formworker (joiner). He has been with his current employer in Perth for 4months and his employer has agreed to look into sponsorship for him.

He has only been qualified in his trade for 1 year. My question is

Can he be sponsored ? And if so

How does he go about it?

Thanks in advance

Nik :wubclub:

Hi Nik,

There's so many factors involved for both the company and your son it's impossible to say if he can be sponsored or even if it's the best option without looking into a lot more detail. You're just going to get assumptions and guesses otherwise.

I'd suggest an initial consultation with an RMA (him and the company) or a thorough search of the 457 or RSMS requirements. Only thing I can say for (almost) certain is that ENS or Skilled Migration through 189/190/489 isn't an option because he would need more post-qualification work experience to pass the skills assessment.

All the best,

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know nurses can come over newly qualified so I'm hopeful and have my fingers tightly crossed. Go Matilda sorted our PR visas so I think we'll contact them.

many thanks again

nik

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know nurses can come over newly qualified so I'm hopeful and have my fingers tightly crossed. Go Matilda sorted our PR visas so I think we'll contact them.

many thanks again

nik

You're comparing apples with oranges.

ANMAC is responsible for skills assessment of nurses and they don't require post qualification work experience for a positive skills assessment. TRA assesses joiners and other trades and they DO have post qualification requirements for a positive skills assessment.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

ANMAC is responsible for skills assessment of nurses and they don't require post qualification work experience for a positive skills assessment. TRA assesses joiners and other trades and they DO have post qualification requirements for a positive skills assessment.

Yep I can attest for the ANMAC assessment that if you have current registration with AHPRA you can get modified assessment (less hurdles).

Hi Adam,

many thanks again

nik

Thanks for that,

There seems so many hoops to jump through, both my husband and I are in Perth at the moment, I'm a nurse but as my son was not classed as a dependent when we applied we couldn't include him on our PR. Maybe if sponsorship isn't a route we can use he'll have to do regional work then apply for his second WHV he'd be two yrs post qualifying then.

thanks again

nik

Thanks for that,

There seems so many hoops to jump through, both my husband and I are in Perth at the moment, I'm a nurse but as my son was not classed as a dependent when we applied we couldn't include him on our PR. Maybe if sponsorship isn't a route we can use he'll have to do regional work then apply for his second WHV he'd be two yrs post qualifying then.

thanks again

nik

Perhaps you should have taken professional advice about dependency?

Archived