Cost of Living Brisbane \ adelaide

GoldcoastMAD

How are your rates so cheap! We are on half acre and our rates are more than $700, I bet its my kids water usage!! :)

My friend who lives further up your road said exactly the same thing,lol.

I know its calculated on land value so maybe when they started sub dividing and selling smaller plots 'your' side of the estate ,land was worth more (This side of the shops is classed as the old side,lol)?????????

Also we don't have full town water (its trickle feed here) and we dont have town drains ,we have septic tanks that we pay $200 ish a year for..

Cal x

Edited by calNgary

LOL maybe :) yep our last rates bill was high. we pay $210 a mth DD and we owed money!! We have town water and town sewers too, so I guess we pay for that LOL

My friend who lives further up your road said exactly the same thing,lol.

I know its calculated on land value so maybe when they started sub dividing and selling smaller plots 'your' side of the estate ,land was worth more (This side of the shops is classed as the old side,lol)?????????

Also we don't have full town water (its trickle feed here) and we dont have town drains ,we have septic tanks that we pay $200 ish a year for..

Cal x

Hey @foo, it was the Lord Byron resort, right in town few minutes walk to the beach. I do recommend, but ask for a room away from the road for peace & quiet as the front side can be noisy. Lovely pool area too!

Good shout I always stay at the Lord Byron resort. Best value in Byron Bay I find.