PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE VISA: request for more information please help!

Chloe Emerson

Hi today I got my case officer yay! She has requested more information from me such as:

Prospective Marriage requirements

X As you will be marrying your sponsor before your current Prospective Marriage visa application has been finalised (due to the 8-9 month processing time), you are taken to have also applied for a Partner (Provisional) (Class UF) visa and a Partner (Migrant) (Class BC) visa on the day we received notice of the marriage. Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate (when available) and advice in writing that you wish to withdraw your application for a Prospective Marriage visa.

Other

X Provide details of where you have lived in the past 10 years, including full addresses and dates lived there

Firstly i am planning on changing our wedding date as I didn't realise the process was taking this long. So do I need to do a new NOIM form or will a letter from my celebant be sufficient?

Secondly what form do I use for writing my previous addresses on? Or can I do this via email?

any help would be much appreciated

• 1 month later...

tbh, im not entirely sure why you would apply for a prospective marriage visa then actually get married before the visa is granted?? i have just been told mine is ready but i need to leave Australia forthe visa to be granted, good luck with your visa application

If you are pushing your wedding back then I'd let her know this via return email. As to if you need an official form, not sure. Ask your CO if in doubt. It may be you just saying you are changing the date and a scanned letter from your celebrant are enough. Or you just saying you will change the date is ok.

Re the addresses, just list them fully in an email and send it to her is what I would do. IIRC when I filled out my partner visa application (maybe not quite the same as the PMV one) there was a section in the paperwork wanting all my addresses the past 10 years and if not enough room on the form I had to carry on on a plain piece of paper (which I did as moved a lot).

FWIW the PMV is taking about 8-9 months generally from lodging. Same timeframe as the off shore partner visa.

Believe me, jimjammer, people do it! I don't understand it either. They get impatient to have the wedding, I guess (I understand THAT after waiting like 15 months for my now-husband's 186 and my PMV to be processed). Still, we waited it out because the evidence needed for the PMV is so much less than the 309. We'd never lived together, so while we had plenty of evidence our relationship was genuine, we had very little financial evidence. Glad we waited!

Anyway, I'd do a new NOIM, Chloe. I know it's a pain in the rear, but if you're getting married in Australia, that's LIKELY what they'll want. I've seen other couples requested to do new NOIMs when their date has passed. Not for London specifically, so I'm not sure if they have a different policy on this, but like I said - I think that's likely what you'll need.

I no lol that was months ago now. I no I was really surprised offered to send a new NOIM and my co said no just a letter from my celebant would be fine

Its nice to come back and update a thread with what ended up happening. Can be of use to others in the future and help us know too.

Archived