Place to live near Gold coast by beach?

marie

Hi,

Does anyone have any recomendations on where to move to around the goldcoast area? Must be near a beach (walking distance) But maybe no more than 1 hour away from brisbane.

Looking for a nice area with little crime, and a place to bring up children.

We loved Broadbeach area but is just to far away from brisbane. So was looking a bit closer to brisbane, or even north of brisbane.

I may be wrong but i dont think youll find that on the Gold Coast you can have both. Theres certainly plenty plenty of beaches but to get to Brisbane within an hour you need to live closer to the M1 which isnt within walking distance. There are a frw area such as Hope Island, Paradise Point that have little beach areas on the sides of the canals. However someone may be able to advise differently

The pacific motorway also has plenty of road works at the moment as they are trying to upgrade it to 3 lanes in the conjestion areas. It gets gridlocked on Friday afternoons with all the people heading for the coast. I think it would be tough to regularly make it in an hour unless you left GC at 5.00 am ish

Millie

We do the daily drive to Brisbane from Northern Gold Coast (Sanctuary Cove) to Brisbane, its about an hour most days leaving at 6:30AM/4:00PM. Nearest beach is Paradise Point, but that's 10 mins drive away so maybe 1:10 from there to Brisbane. As the post above says its busy Friday arvo coming home but Fri mornings are the least busy of the week.

I know there are some bayside suburbs near the beach East of Brisbane (around Cleveland), we looked at them but not for us, too quiet and the beaches aren't great, lots of people like it there, would be within your 1hour commute, just.

North of Bris is Sunshine coast, but not within 1 hour or anything like.

As I keep saying, the commute from GC to Bris is not to be undertaken lightly, its 30kms of madness followed by 30kms of tailbacks each way, every day and that's from the North, add 20-30kms of congestion for Central GC, and unfortunately the train sucks.

Archived