Contributory Parent Visa Granted

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nick

Well - you can't be more than a month away from getting a CO, I wouldn't have thought, and quite likely less than that because at least two more people will have their visa-grants very soon.

Hang in there. It definitely won't be long now. Hopefully you will post on this thread and let us know as soon as you hear from a CO. I'm aware of a couple whose application was lodged on 21 December 2005. They should hear something pretty soon too, I would hope.

Cheers

Gill

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

Thanks you for your Email,my wife and myself unfortunately have not heard anything.my application was lodge on the 13dec 2005 at perth,we have sent our police checks off to perth but not our medicals ,on the advice of our agent.We are hoping to go to perth were my daughter is a school teacher and try it for 6 month, and if we dont like it,we can go down to sydney were our son lives with is wife and 2 grandchildren ruby a lola.Iam starting to wonder if perth has forgot about us.

AGAIN THANKS ALL YOUR ADVICE.

NICK

Hi Nick

First, have you heard from a CO yet? I read recently that someone rang the POPC a week or two back and was told that they were appointing COs for applications received on 1st December 2005, so you should definitely have hard something ny now. If you still haven't heard anything, I would suggest that you give them a ring and ask why not?

My friend Anne really had to push hard to get her mother's CO appointed in late August. Her Mum's application had been lodged on 16 November, a fortnight before my mother's. We heard from my mother's CO on 17 July - totally unexpectedly, because the way it was looking, I thought it would be late September or even later before we got a CO. The POPC kept fobbing Anne off until her husband was firm with them. Once he put his foot down, they heard from a CO the next day. I've heard of that happening before.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Linda

CONGRATULATIONS!!![/color]

iI've been waiting for you to tell everyone on here that you got your CP visa on 12 October.

As you haven't said anything, I'll say it for you!!!

VERY WELL DONE!!

I know how busy you must be what with exchanging contracts on your house and starting the round of goodbyes. Will you get to Oz before the baby is born, do you think?

Very best wishes to you and your family.

Gill

xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hu again Nick

Sorry, there was a typo in my earlier post to you. The POPC told Tbby that they are allocating COs to applications received on 21st December, not the 1st. Tabby is reliable. He has got the measure of them!

If you want to ring the POPC yourself, which is your prerogative, the number is 0061 89 415 9524

If you want to wait for the POPC to call for the meds, then fine. However, it won't do any harm to strt considering Forms 26 & 160, which are the two you need for the meds, and strt thinking about whether you need to get anything off your doctor to take with you to the meds.

It also won't hurt to ring the panel doctors and x-ray clinics within a reasonable radius of you, because they tend to vary in cost and some of them vary quite a lot in how long they take to give appointments.

The information is here:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/health.html

If you decide to frontload the meds - which I don't think would do any harm at this very late stage - then make sure that the Panel Doctor sends them to the POPC, and nowhere else. Parent-visa medicals are handled by the POPC and assessed by doctors in Perth. The address for the POPC is here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent/143/how-to-apply.htm#h

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill.

sorry it taken so long to get in contract with you.I been in contract with my agent this week,no news,ring my daughter up in perth toget in contract with popc and she got back to me is morning fri 27 to say that there would ownly deal with my agent,but she did say that there are dealing with nov and dec applicants now.I taken your advice and made a appointment to see the doctor next friday in carlisle.If any parents wont to no the cost for the arays and the medical,

ARAYS£40ea

MEDICALS£70ea

BLOOD SAMPLERS£25ea

and the package to be sent to perth £15

again thanks GILL

Nick

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nick

Yep. I'd do the Meds now. Write the POPC's address on the form yourself so that the doctor's secretary is left in no doubt about where to send the meds, I suggest. You don't want them going to the wrong place by mistake because that would simply cause unnecessary delay. If the meds are going by courier, use the courier address that they give.

Receipt of the meds might kick-start the end game for you if your daughter's phone call hasn't done that already.

Nick, I will send you a PM (Private Message). Be sure to look out for it. We have recently been through the AoS process in Perth, so I think we can offer your daughter some time-saving tips.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Nick

A Contributory Parent applicant couple whose application was lodged on 19 December 2005 arrived home today from a holiday to find a letter from their CO dated 16 October - sent by snail-mail.

So I would definitely get cracking on your meds etc, because it surely won't be long until you hear something - and you may already have done so.

Cheers

Gill

Archived